2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting really tired of the scaremongering about how we can't survive without Gueye, or how things are gonna be so much worse without him, because, you know, the stats.

Ask a lot of blues who were around in the 80's and majority will tell you that Gary Lineker, despite the admittedly impressive achievement of scoring 40 goals in a season, was actually detrimental to the style of play of a team that won League titles either side of the year he was here.

If Gueye leaves, we may not have 1 player who makes as many tackles as him, the value of which I believe is massively overstated anyway, but hopefully, that responsibility will be distributed amongst what will surely he a more balanced and disciplined side. I mean, we've been pretty much terrible while he's been here, it's not like we've seen some massive upturn in fortunes or even performances since he arrived. As a matter of fact, probably our best period during his stay was when he was in Africa.

If we can get anywhere close to £30m for this absolute myth, we will massively better off, both short term and long term.

Now if only Brands could convince PSG that him and Gylfi really work better as a pair... Say £100m for the 2.

Cool. Who is going to play in midfield now? Because if the suggestion is we shouldn't replace him, I'm dying to know what that lineup will look like.

"If Gueye leaves, we may not have 1 player who makes as many tackles as him, the value of which I believe is massively overstated anyway, but hopefully, that responsibility will be distributed amongst what will surely he a more balanced and disciplined side. 2.[/QUOTE]

This sounds very familiar, similar to how some people thought losing lukaku was no problem because we would distribute his goals across the team..... Losing Gueye will make us a much weaker team.. Mind you he is a good guy so happy to let him play for a 'big' club before he retires if he wants to leave.

Getting really tired of the scaremongering about how we can't survive without Gueye, or how things are gonna be so much worse without him, because, you know, the stats.

Ask a lot of blues who were around in the 80's and majority will tell you that Gary Lineker, despite the admittedly impressive achievement of scoring 40 goals in a season, was actually detrimental to the style of play of a team that won League titles either side of the year he was here.

If Gueye leaves, we may not have 1 player who makes as many tackles as him, the value of which I believe is massively overstated anyway, but hopefully, that responsibility will be distributed amongst what will surely he a more balanced and disciplined side. I mean, we've been pretty much terrible while he's been here, it's not like we've seen some massive upturn in fortunes or even performances since he arrived. As a matter of fact, probably our best period during his stay was when he was in Africa.

If we can get anywhere close to £30m for this absolute myth, we will massively better off, both short term and long term.

Now if only Brands could convince PSG that him and Gylfi really work better as a pair... Say £100m for the 2.

I think the people wanting to keep him fall into the following brackets;

A -- Wouldnt sell in Jan but dont seem to grasp that his value will decrease significantly in summer

B -- Are too young to remember when we were successful and dont believe we should aspire to that level

C -- Remember Lukaku being sold and not adequately replaced

D -- Expect some miracle to happen where we win games despite having players who arent good enough or unsuited to how the manager and DOF wants us to play...not willing to give the manager time or just dont want to understand the poop were left in thanks to 4 past managers.

E -- Arent watching the games and reliant on highlights and stats

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My opinion is that we have Brands and Silva who have brought in quality players in the summer and id sell every non-brands/silva signing today and give them all the money and more to rebuild.

You have to trust the process or else why bother?

Oh, £30mil for Gana is highway robbery.

Yeah let him go, may as well let some have a successful season as ours is over anyway.

Find a good replacement or recall Joe Williams from Bolton, highly thought of and he can run around and likes a tackle.

Id take anything over 20m

if Gueye stays, we'll watch standard boring mid-table Everton
without him, there is a possibility that we can watch some exciting relegation battle

I prefer 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.