2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would appear that Dortmund have an injury crises at CB and therefore they want to keep Weigl around. Ask @Borussin for further clarity. This could affect the Gana and PSG carousel as Weigl is PSG's main alternative for Gana.

I think Dortmund wanted to have 4 centre mids for the rest of the season first and foremost. But yes, there has been an injury crisis in central defence, and he can cover there, but now Leo Balerdi has just signed from Boca Juniors, even though I don't expect he will be thrown in from the start, at least it adds depth.

I think it's clear Weigl would like to leave, Dortmund don't have to sell though, normally they don't like to sell without having a backup plan in place to replace a player. So it may depend if the club is happy with going with Witsel, Delaney and Dahoud as 3 centre mids to cover 2 positions. Weigl is the 4th choice now really.

It would appear that Dortmund have an injury crises at CB and therefore they want to keep Weigl around. Ask @Borussin for further clarity. This could affect the Gana and PSG carousel as Weigl is PSG's main alternative for Gana.

True but they have two players getting back from injury pretty soon. In fact there are two major papers dealing with PSG, but not as well informerd as they used to since Qatar took charge, one of them insists on Gueye, the other one on Weigl...
It seems, unfortunately, pretty unlikely that Rabiot leaves in january.

You can adjust the numbers as you please the overall point will stand. The goal difference is worse when he isn't playing.

The games against top teams don't change either. So the evidence there is still overwhelming as to his importance.

I didn't adjust numbers in the slightest. No more than the picking and choosing of games he didn't play in and how the relevant results were as a result of him not playing.

I said he didn't play against Burnley because he was not in the starting lineup and the game was won by the time he came on. I merely made the point that simply because we scored another goal after he came on, doesn't negate that fact.

The facts are, we played City and Spurs without him, 2 of the best teams in the league and we lost. Both, by the way after unforced errors involving our fearless goalkeeper. We could have, and probably would have lost those games anyway. I can say this, not only because we also lost to Liverpool, United and Arsenal with him in the team, but because we have also played West Ham, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Watford and Leicester at home this season, all winnable games, with him in the side, and managed a grand total of 3 points, 0 victories, and a goal difference of -2.

My point is, we are not a good side without him, because we are not a good side with him, and haven't been since he arrived.

Because he really, really doesn't make the difference some of you seem to think he does.

I think Dortmund wanted to have 4 centre mids for the rest of the season first and foremost. But yes, there has been an injury crisis in central defence, and he can cover there, but now Leo Balerdi has just signed from Boca Juniors, even though I don't expect he will be thrown in from the start, at least it adds depth.

I think it's clear Weigl would like to leave, Dortmund don't have to sell though, normally they don't like to sell without having a backup plan in place to replace a player. So it may depend if the club is happy with going with Witsel, Delaney and Dahoud as 3 centre mids to cover 2 positions. Weigl is the 4th choice now really.

Balerdi has gone off to the U20 championships.

So you want to play an attractive brand of football, but you want to keep Gana. Ok mate nice one

I totally disagree with your first point, I believe we can atract top players, we signed 3 players from Barcelona and we signed a Brazilian on a free transfer who’s been playing regular champions league football. And apparently had loads of clubs after him , I’m sure some of them had European football Money talks.

Chelsea were rumoured to be having a look, another one was Inter Milan, they supposedly held talks with his agent but baulked at the signing on fee and wages he was after to sign for them.

Anyone who's a french speaking DM has been linked with PSG this window.

I just do not see him getting in that side, almost 30 years old and he's never even played in the CL which is the holy grail for PSG, and we all agree he isn't good enough to get in the top 6 sides in the PL when they are at full strength.

They are buying Frenkie De Jong for £66 million anyway in summer which is a done deal.

Balerdi has gone off to the U20 championships.

Does that last till May? :p

He'd not be inline to go straight into the first 11 at Dortmund anyway I would have thought, he's a kid, new to the league and country, but they moved the transfer forward to now, rather than the summer to be depth in the squad, which he will be from mid Feb (or earlier) when the U20's finish.

I just do not see him getting in that side, almost 30 years old and he's never even played in the CL which is the holy grail for PSG, and we all agree he isn't good enough to get in the top 6 sides in the PL when they are at full strength.

They are buying Frenkie De Jong for £66 million anyway in summer which is a done deal.
He has played in the champions league though.

So who are all the others linked then?

Status
Not open for further replies.