2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
An outstanding defensive midfielder, with an impressive attitude.

Clearly his passing lets him down at times but everything else he gives us is very beneficial. Very rarely see him cost us goals either despite the hysterics from some in the fanbase that demand he play like Eden Hazard each week.

One of our best players and we will be worse off when he goes.

Gana's fitness seems like one of his best attributes to me, and at 30, I think he still has 2-3 seasons of being able to perform to the level he can now with the amount of running he does. His game relies on his energy so when that does deteriorate rapidly he will struggle because his quality on the ball lets him down.

If PSG don't come back in for him at an acceptable price, i'd try and keep him here for at least the next 2 seasons as I think he could play a key part in us progressing. One of the only top players we have and the team should be improved around him.

I thought it was Morgan that gave him the foundation to go an attack the ball and battle, with Gomes playing he sits rigidly in the 6 position shielding, when we play with two deep midfielders it gives the freedom to go and attack the ball and challenge.

His performance jumped in effectiveness when Morgan came on.

Fair play to him and SIlva.

I thought it was Morgan that gave him the foundation to go an attack the ball and battle, with Gomes playing he sits rigidly in the 6 position shielding, when we play with two deep midfielders it gives the freedom to go and attack the ball and challenge.

His performance jumped in effectiveness when Morgan came on.

Fair play to him and SIlva.
What we were crying out for in that Newcastle game - Schneiderlin on to sure up for the midfield. At least Silva shown that he's learned from the mistake I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.