2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not one of our better players at all. He’s technically one of the worst in the starting 11 every week.

If we were 4th and had a decent chance of top 4, then yes keep him, but realistically we ain’t challenging for a good few years. He will be p

"technically one of the worst". What does that even mean?

Having the best 11 technical players on the pitch means nothing. He is our engine, probably the only one we have.

Morgan Schneiderlin is a "technically" sound player. It means nothing.

He’s not one of our better players at all. He’s technically one of the worst in the starting 11 every week.

If we were 4th and had a decent chance of top 4, then yes keep him, but realistically we ain’t challenging for a good few years. He will be p
Huh? If being technical were being the same as being one of the best players in your team, Arsenal wouldn't be looking to give Ozil away at the moment.

Gana's one of the first on the team sheet for a litany of reasons, technical flaws and all.

We replace Gueye with Beni' and you are risking us not finishing in the top half.

That serious.

On Gueye, I think he's off. I don't know why but I just can't see how he'll say no to it.
My point is that if we get a very good offer IE 35/40mil, then we should sell, irrelevant if we get a replacement in this window or not. And in the big scheme of things is finishing 10th instead of 7th such a big deal.

Everyone virtually agrees that this is a transition period, Brands & Silva have been here 6 months and only had one window. Brands is trying to sort out the mess from the previous DOF & mangers. Yet as soon as you say let’s sell a limited footballer who’s nearly 30, for a ridiculous sum of money. Everyone starts loosing the plot.

My point is that if we get a very good offer IE 35/40mil, then we should sell, irrelevant if we get a replacement in this window or not. And in the big scheme of things is finishing 10th instead of 7th such a big deal.

Everyone virtually agrees that this is a transition period, Brands & Silva have been here 6 months and only had one window. Brands is trying to sort out the mess from the previous DOF & mangers. Yet as soon as you say let’s sell a limited footballer who’s nearly 30, for a ridiculous sum of money. Everyone starts loosing the plot.

Tell that to the fans (I don't know if you're one of them) who insist Silva must go if we finish lower than 8th...

The player is irrelevant to me. Are we replacing him and what he brings to the team for 30M? Maybe, maybe not, you may get lucky and get a player for less or you may even pay more and the player ends up not as good.

Personally I would stick with something that we know works. If Silva wants to sell as he thinks he doesn't fit in with his style of play then that's another thing but selling him purely on his age (which isn't even that old) isn't something I would look at doing. I think he is our best/most important player though so...

Agreed. No point of selling before signing a replacement too.

"technically one of the worst". What does that even mean?

Having the best 11 technical players on the pitch means nothing. He is our engine, probably the only one we have.

Morgan Schneiderlin is a "technically" sound player. It means nothing.
Unfortunately your just stuck in the moyes way of football. Scrap fight defend for your lives. Poch, pep and klopp have moved the goal posts. Football has moved on from dinosaur tactics. So basically you’re saying we can’t have a player with an engine who can play as well.

Unfortunately your just stuck in the moyes way of football. Scrap fight defend for your lives. Poch, pep and klopp have moved the goal posts. Football has moved on from dinosaur tactics. So basically you’re saying we can’t have a player with an engine who can play as well.
I'd love to have that player

The reality is, though, that Everton cannot sign that player without European footy, and really without CL footy.

And the circle of life continues.

The best way to achieve our ultimate goal is to finish as high up the table as possible, playing as attractive a brand of football as possible, that will create buzz around Everton and perhaps entice players such as what you mention to come here.

We aren't doing that selling Gana with no replacement and playing Tom Davies and Schneiderlin, scraping a 13th placed finish

I'd love to have that player

The reality is, though, that Everton cannot sign that player without European footy, and really without CL footy.

And the circle of life continues.

The best way to achieve our ultimate goal is to finish as high up the table as possible, playing as attractive a brand of football as possible, that will create buzz around Everton and perhaps entice players such as what you mention to come here.

We aren't doing that selling Gana with no replacement and playing Tom Davies and Schneiderlin, scraping a 13th placed finish
So you want to play an attractive brand of football, but you want to keep Gana. Ok mate nice one

I totally disagree with your first point, I believe we can atract top players, we signed 3 players from Barcelona and we signed a Brazilian on a free transfer who’s been playing regular champions league football. And apparently had loads of clubs after him , I’m sure some of them had European football Money talks.

So you want to play an attractive brand of football, but you want to keep Gana. Ok mate nice one

I totally disagree with your first point, I believe we can atract top players, we signed 3 players from Barcelona and we signed a Brazilian on a free transfer who’s been playing regular champions league football. And apparently had loads of clubs after him , I’m sure some of them had European football Money talks.

I mean... D'you think Tuchel doesn't want to play attractive football?

I know he has better players, like, but there's a reason PSG want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.