2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just watched the 2nd half v Bournemouth again. Sad, I know, but I enjoy watching a game when you know the result. You can watch it without passion. See clearly what happwned. Beats having to talk to the gf.

Anyway, I have to say this lad just ghosts around the pitch. Watch a game "live" with all the passion and you miss what this lad is all about. Not a headless chicken, just ghosts around, knows where to be. Knows the danger. Tbh I'd rather not sell. If we do, then so be it, but for now I'm enjoying a master at his work. For us.

We simply sign a replacement now and another in the summer...we arent getting top 4 or being relegated...we should be using every window to sell and buy.

How is it rare to sign good players in Jan? Other clubs do it.

Again, youre doubting your username...

When was the last time we sign a young, ready starter in January?

If you want to get rid of McCarthy and Schneiderlin that’s fine but sell our starting dm, running the risk of signing no adequate replacement? No for me. We are still aiming for 7th and the FA Cup. Davies starting ar no this is a really bad idea.

When was the last time we sign a young, ready starter in January?

If you want to get rid of McCarthy and Schneiderlin that’s fine but sell our starting dm, running the risk of signing no adequate replacement? No for me. We are still aiming for 7th and the FA Cup. Davies starting ar no this is a really bad idea.

Ive got no idea what youre point is in relation to my post.

No one has a problem with it in isolation, but seriously, who on earth is going to play in the midfield when he's gone?

The issue is finding not one replacement, but two legit CMs/DMs that can make us better. That seems like a tall order. But yes, if we can find replacements, fine. He can go. This isn't like Chelsea selling Kante when they've got Jorginho and two other DMs in the team. We've got NO ONE.

Just keep in mind, the best DM in our league, and maybe the best player frankly, is 33.

But again, fine with him going as long as we have replacements. He just holds this team together in so many ways and we are absolutely CRAP without him.
I think this why we have been linked with barrios

It is probably just media rubbish. Nobody will pay big money for Gana. He cost us little from a relegation club and some thought he was another Kante. If any decent offer comes in then get shut, provided we have a replacement in mind who unlike Gana does not pass to the opposition on a regular basis. Possession of the ball is vital if we want to get near the top teams.

It is probably just media rubbish. Nobody will pay big money for Gana. He cost us little from a relegation club and some thought he was another Kante. If any decent offer comes in then get shut, provided we have a replacement in mind who unlike Gana does not pass to the opposition on a regular basis. Possession of the ball is vital if we want to get near the top teams.
I think this was evident on Sunday, we tried to pass out from the back, but really struggled at times, 2nd half seemed to go longer from the back more. Obviously Silva wants to play from the back, trying to draw teams in and move it quickly from our box to theirs.

If you take our back 5 and 2 midfielders, only Zouma, digne and Gomes are comfortable on the ball, Coleman isn’t great especially when put under pressure, Keane is ok but can be sloppy as we have seen, Gana not great either. And while Pickford can look fantastic in possession at times, he still can be rash. Maybe concentration or over confident.

Moving forward, technically better players in the 6 role, right back and another Centre back, then maybe we will see Silva’s team start to take shape and play to the style he wants.

As Martinez found out( I thought he was a poor manger personally) but trying to implement a Barca style type of football is virtually impossible on an Aldi budget.

He's one of the best around at what he does and yet most on here are happy to see him go?? The fee is irrelevant, we spunked 50 million this time last year on Walcott and Tosun, how did that work out?? What player is going to come to us (a team further away from the champions league than we've ever been)in January that is at a similar or higher standard to gueye?? Madness!! Get rid of the deadwood first not one of our vital players!!!

I tend to agree with this. To let an important first team player go in January seems crazy.

Even if there was a player available who would be an improvement on Gueye wouldn't PSG just go for that player instead?

1547572960607.jpeg

I think this why we have been linked with barrios
I personally think we were interested in Barrios well before PSG came calling.

However, there's a big flaw in this idea. Barrios is a downgrade from Gana and frankly, a big question mark. In addition, Barrios plays more like Rabiot than Gana does. If Barrios was so great, why wouldn't PSG just buy him instead of Gana?

That's my concern. I think we need TWO CMs/DMs if Gana goes. We already need one now.

Not impossible to do of course, but not easy and it better be a player with a lot more pedigree than Wilmar Barrios.

I personally think we were interested in Barrios well before PSG came calling.

However, there's a big flaw in this idea. Barrios is a downgrade from Gana and frankly, a big question mark. In addition, Barrios plays more like Rabiot than Gana does. If Barrios was so great, why wouldn't PSG just buy him instead of Gana?

That's my concern. I think we need TWO CMs/DMs if Gana goes. We already need one now.

Not impossible to do of course, but not easy and it better be a player with a lot more pedigree than Wilmar Barrios.
I think it’s fair to say that he is a young model of gana with his best years ahead of him. If we are building a team based on age and potential then it would make sense.

I do agree though we need more then one because otherwise we will be in the same situation as we are when gana isn’t in the team

I think this was evident on Sunday, we tried to pass out from the back, but really struggled at times, 2nd half seemed to go longer from the back more. Obviously Silva wants to play from the back, trying to draw teams in and move it quickly from our box to theirs.

If you take our back 5 and 2 midfielders, only Zouma, digne and Gomes are comfortable on the ball, Coleman isn’t great especially when put under pressure, Keane is ok but can be sloppy as we have seen, Gana not great either. And while Pickford can look fantastic in possession at times, he still can be rash. Maybe concentration or over confident.

Moving forward, technically better players in the 6 role, right back and another Centre back, then maybe we will see Silva’s team start to take shape and play to the style he wants.

As Martinez found out( I thought he was a poor manger personally) but trying to implement a Barca style type of football is virtually impossible on an Aldi budget.
Swansea did it for years and from the bottom of the football league when all teams wanted to do was kick them off the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.