2022/23 Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought your whole crudade was against those of us who thought he was only ever alright?

PSG left him on the bench for four of the five semi final ties they played in his time there, as well as the final, so they can't have been too impressed with him, either.
He also played crucial roles in getting them there, or getting them through certain matches.

I think if you think he was only ever 'alright' in his first spell here I don't really agree. I think he was very good, all things considered. It's all relative. Not world class, but pretty good.

He definitely isn't close to that level anymore.

He also played crucial roles in getting them there, or getting them through certain matches.

I think if you think he was only ever 'alright' in his first spell here I don't really agree. I think he was very good, all things considered. It's all relative. Not world class, but pretty good.

Weird that they kept dropping him, then.

If Garner is fit I would honestly drop him or move Iwobi back, his main attributes were his legs and engine I think both are on the decline and we need someone with better passing centrally

I thought your whole crudade was against those of us who thought he was only ever alright?

PSG left him on the bench for four of the five semi final ties they played in his time there, as well as the final, so they can't have been too impressed with him, either.
I mean, he wasn’t picked for 2020 champs league semi/final fair enough.

He played 2021 semi but missed second leg due to red card.

Played all quarters.

Then in the national cups, he played in the 3 finals they reached and only missed one semi on the way to them.

He was good for us first time round. He has been poor since he returned. He was all right at PSG but they are a team of superstars. But he played a lot for them. That may partly explain why he looks so poor for us because he hasn’t had to play at the level we need him to.

He has always been bamg average at everything except distance. And oddly, that quality is 1 of his biggest flaws, because he covers so much ground that he leaves enormous gaps that are easily exploited. We are weaker with him against every team that we arent chasing and sitting deep against for 90 minutes.

He was boss in his first spell with us. He used to be all over the gaff breaking up play, he just read the game really well.

I mean, he wasn’t picked for 2020 champs league semi/final fair enough.

He played 2021 semi but missed second leg due to red card.

Played all quarters.

Then in the national cups, he played in the 3 finals they reached and only missed one semi on the way to them.

He was good for us first time round. He has been poor since he returned. He was all right at PSG but they are a team of superstars. But he played a lot for them. That may partly explain why he looks so poor for us because he hasn’t had to play at the level we need him to.
That'll have been the one where it looked like they'd let a raffle winner on to the pitch. To be fair, I thought he'd be making his way back here after that, but he clung on for another year.

I'm going to stick him with the biggest insult that any footballer could ever receive:

At his best, he was a bog standard, run-of-the-mill Everton player.

That'll have been the one where it looked like they'd let a raffle winner on to the pitch. To be fair, I thought he'd be making his way back here after that, but he clung on for another year.

I'm going to stick him with the biggest insult that any footballer could ever receive:

At his best, he was a bog standard, run-of-the-mill Everton player.
Simply not true, agreed he's not great but in his prime much better than a bog standard Everton player

Simply not true, agreed he's not great but in his prime much better than a bog standard Everton player
I understand that his little cargo cult have been left scrambling after his long-awaited return failed to deliver as expected, but I can't abide this rewriting of history.

The bringing up of three French Cup final appearances has forced my hand.

Absolute Phil Neville talk.

I understand that his little cargo cult have been left scrambling after his long-awaited return failed to deliver as expected, but I can't abide this rewriting of history.

The bringing up of three French Cup final appearances has forced my hand.

Absolute Phil Neville talk.
Nobody is being cultish.

He was very good for us in his first spell here. In the three seasons we finished 7th, 8th and 8th. Which compared to the last few seasons is the stuff of dreams right now.

He has been poor since he returned, overall, it's fair to say.

Nobody is being cultish.

He was very good for us in his first spell here. In the three seasons we finished 7th, 8th and 8th. Which compared to the last few seasons is the stuff of dreams right now.

He has been poor since he returned, overall, it's fair to say.
He used to have enough athleticism and bite to get away with not being able to track runners, I'll give him that much.

I wonder if Gana will improve under Dyche
Under Lampard he tried to play far more football than he did under Silva and it’s not his strength.
Since coming back he’s still put in plenty of good tackles but his problem has been getting caught too far forward or getting caught in possession.
I reckon Dyche gets him to keep it simple and we see an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.