I had a dream

If you were offered the ability to make Everton win every game, would you take it?

• Yes, make it happen

Votes: 46 45.1%
  • No, football is only fun due to its unpredictability

Votes: 39 38.2%
  • Seek help and seek it fast

Votes: 17 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Avoid at all cost
I have a slightly recurring thought before bed, so no, not really a dream, just a little process to help me sleep. Sometimes I think about players I would like us to sign, sometimes I think about the game we have coming up at the weekend, but anyway, enough about ME.

A thought I have often, yes, im mental, is that I am given a "special power", my power is the ability to determine football results, now at first I made Everton win every game and certain other teams found themselves playing in the National League in a few years and it was fun, but then a thought dawned on me.

How utterly boring would football be if you knew the result of every game? More so, how long would it take for the constant victories to become stale?

So a quick poll.

Now I want you to try and ignore the fact that this special power would make you rich, focus only on Everton!!!

In my current Football Manager game, we have won the Premier League for the last 16 years. I still enjoy constantly blending and rebuilding the team.

There's still fun to be had not knowing how you'll win every game. A 6-0 battering? A huge comeback? A late smash and grab? If there was variation in how the wins came I don't think I would get bored with it.

Considering I love it when Everton win and absolutely hate it when we don't, then the answer is yes, give me the powers!
As far as it getting stale or boring, I think that would take a very long time! To keep it interesting, we would win some games by one goal in the dying seconds, and other games by a cricket score. Imagine the feeling of going across the park and destroying those lot 25 - nil !!!!! Of course, eventually we would be banned from all competitions due to the lack of competition.
We might become the most hated of teams, and would eventually have to disband. Although, by then, we would be considered the greatest football team EVER, the envy of the world, with an unbeatable record.

It's a fun, thought/dream experiment, but this is madness, time to wake up @MorgsGoat, as everyone knows, the real joy comes from achieving through struggle and not having it served on a plate.Thanks though, mate;)

Status
Not open for further replies.