I became an Evertorian today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can you point out on the doll where it touched you?
161868-171655.jpg

Today I took the full ride of being an Everton fan. Obviously I have supported and cared for the team since day 1. I connected with the team since day 1.

But today, I felt what you lot always told me about.

The excitement before the match

The frustration not to see Mina seeing that he was also absent in the last United league match and they clogged us for 2 headers goals.

Then the nervousness as the match got going

The naive confidence as we started playing well

The utter frustration with how that first goal developed knowing that that passage would end up in goal from the moment Doucoure gave that ball away.

The anger as that play developed and watching every mistake made in that passage (ball giveaway, no pressure on the wing to the ball crosser, poor coverage by Keane.

Then the anger at our players for playing like a neighborhood bunch, especially James and Doucoure and for the whole team just sitting back and playing scared

The frustration of DCL missing that one on one thinking that's it, we are done.

Then the shy joy of that first goal thinking maybe there is hope

Then the glorious roar of the 2nd goal. Screamed and jumped as I watched in.my home gym to the point that my wife came running to check if I was ok and angrily rolled her eyes when she realized it was a soccer scream.

Then hope....and hope that we win it.

Then more anger at us sitting back. Came the 3rd goal and I was deflated..how? Why?

But I kept hope, frustrated hope. My workout was done but I stayed in gym. Pacing back and forward. Not sitting down. Like a father awaiting his first son.

Then came the goal and I screamed yes 5 times (Wife knew better this time) as I punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves (dumb) and I said I love this team.

I know I am rambling on. But I havent felt this emotionally attached to a team or a match since Colombia in the world cup. The blues were in complete control of my emotions and how my weekend would go on.

I understand now the madness here and I love it
It's an affliction - and there's no vaccine to protect you once infected. Symptoms include severe depression, anger management issues, and intermittent but persistent bouts of delusional hope. It mutates into untreatable bitterness after 25 years. But it could be worse. There's a related strain from the same locale that turns its victims, sometimes Norwegian, into puffed up, insufferable hypocrites afflicted with a deep self-pity, a total lack of self-awareness, and the ability to be offended by everything but ashamed of nothing. The only protection when encountering these poor souls is social distancing. Oh, and always wash your hands.

Today I took the full ride of being an Everton fan. Obviously I have supported and cared for the team since day 1. I connected with the team since day 1.

The frustration not to see Mina seeing that he was also absent in the last United league match and they clogged us for 2 headers goals.

The utter frustration with how that first goal developed knowing that that passage would end up in goal from the moment Doucoure gave that ball away.

The anger as that play developed and watching every mistake made in that passage (ball giveaway, no pressure on the wing to the ball crosser, poor coverage by Keane.

Then the anger at our players for playing like a neighborhood bunch, especially James and Doucoure and for the whole team just sitting back and playing scared

Then the glorious roar of the 2nd goal. Screamed and jumped as I watched in.my home gym to the point that my wife came running to check if I was ok and angrily rolled her eyes when she realized it was a soccer scream.

Then more anger at us sitting back. Came the 3rd goal and I was deflated..how? Why?

But I kept hope, frustrated hope. My workout was done but I stayed in gym. Pacing back and forward. Not sitting down. Like a father awaiting his first son.

Then came the goal and I screamed yes 5 times (Wife knew better this time) as I punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves (dumb) and I said I love this team.

I know I am rambling on. But I havent felt this emotionally attached to a team or a match since Colombia in the world cup. The blues were in complete control of my emotions and how my weekend would go on.

Just wait till we play the RS when at 0-0 in the 95th minute, DCL will shoot, hit the bar and the ball will rebound 100 yards back in to our own net

Mate, singing Cypress Hill's 'Insane in the membrane' helps!

The Spanish version is even better then the English one, which is a plus for you. lol

Don't you know I'm loco ése?

7Afd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.