I became an Evertorian today

Status
Not open for further replies.

UptheTofees

Player Valuation: £20m
Today I took the full ride of being an Everton fan. Obviously I have supported and cared for the team since day 1. I connected with the team since day 1.

But today, I felt what you lot always told me about.

The excitement before the match

The frustration not to see Mina seeing that he was also absent in the last United league match and they clogged us for 2 headers goals.

Then the nervousness as the match got going

The naive confidence as we started playing well

The utter frustration with how that first goal developed knowing that that passage would end up in goal from the moment Doucoure gave that ball away.

The anger as that play developed and watching every mistake made in that passage (ball giveaway, no pressure on the wing to the ball crosser, poor coverage by Keane.

Then the anger at our players for playing like a neighborhood bunch, especially James and Doucoure and for the whole team just sitting back and playing scared

The frustration of DCL missing that one on one thinking that's it, we are done.

Then the shy joy of that first goal thinking maybe there is hope

Then the glorious roar of the 2nd goal. Screamed and jumped as I watched in.my home gym to the point that my wife came running to check if I was ok and angrily rolled her eyes when she realized it was a soccer scream.

Then hope....and hope that we win it.

Then more anger at us sitting back. Came the 3rd goal and I was deflated..how? Why?

But I kept hope, frustrated hope. My workout was done but I stayed in gym. Pacing back and forward. Not sitting down. Like a father awaiting his first son.

Then came the goal and I screamed yes 5 times (Wife knew better this time) as I punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves (dumb) and I said I love this team.

I know I am rambling on. But I havent felt this emotionally attached to a team or a match since Colombia in the world cup. The blues were in complete control of my emotions and how my weekend would go on.

I understand now the madness here and I love it

Today I took the full ride of being an Everton fan. Obviously I have supported and cared for the team since day 1. I connected with the team since day 1.

The frustration not to see Mina seeing that he was also absent in the last United league match and they clogged us for 2 headers goals.

The utter frustration with how that first goal developed knowing that that passage would end up in goal from the moment Doucoure gave that ball away.

The anger as that play developed and watching every mistake made in that passage (ball giveaway, no pressure on the wing to the ball crosser, poor coverage by Keane.

Then the anger at our players for playing like a neighborhood bunch, especially James and Doucoure and for the whole team just sitting back and playing scared

Then the glorious roar of the 2nd goal. Screamed and jumped as I watched in.my home gym to the point that my wife came running to check if I was ok and angrily rolled her eyes when she realized it was a soccer scream.

Then more anger at us sitting back. Came the 3rd goal and I was deflated..how? Why?

But I kept hope, frustrated hope. My workout was done but I stayed in gym. Pacing back and forward. Not sitting down. Like a father awaiting his first son.

Then came the goal and I screamed yes 5 times (Wife knew better this time) as I punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves (dumb) and I said I love this team.

I know I am rambling on. But I havent felt this emotionally attached to a team or a match since Colombia in the world cup. The blues were in complete control of my emotions and how my weekend would go on.

Your a top top man mate.

Enjoy the good times, accept the bad times, pray for the successful times. Argue your point, accept others opinions, embrace great moments and suck up the kicks to the gut.

"punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves"

Also known as 'The Ben Godfrey'

;)

Welcome brother.

Once Everton has touched you...

excitement
frustration
nervousness
utter frustration
anger
anger
frustration
thinking maybe there is hope
hope....and hope that we win it.
more anger
frustrated hope

Yeah, we get those every match, mad innit ?

Wait until you can have a proper boo when you get to Goodison, your rage elevates to levels previously unknown when you see this lot live

Everton are boss

Whoa! let's not get too ahead of ourselves, it felt like a win getting the draw but the buggers have knocked another 2 months off my life. That means cumulatively it's about 35 years they've taken away from me and I'm going to be a goner sometime around next next week. :p

I love Everton I just wished for once we would go to the Emirates, OT, Stamford Bridge and hell on earth and just win occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.