I became an Evertorian today

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've said before

I'd much rather support Everton than a top club. A top team offers no joy. It's all entitlement. You expect to win every game. You have to beat bad teams by many goals. Even when you do, there is always a but. But we need to do this better, and that better. It's title or bust and even when you win the title, it was expected. It's all too systematic.

The joy of supporting teams like Everton and Colombia is just like a drug man.

They can beat anyone on a given day. Look beautiful. Give u hope. They can also lose twice to Newcastle and lose 6-1 to greaking Ecuador. You never really know what you'll get. I love that in some crazy way man. It's like playing russian roulette or dating that one chick that is terrible in every way but a wild beast in bed.

Maybe I need help

I've said before

I'd much rather support Everton than a top club. A top team offers no joy. It's all entitlement. You expect to win every game. You have to beat bad teams by many goals. Even when you do, there is always a but. But we need to do this better, and that better. It's title or bust and even when you win the title, it was expected. It's all too systematic.

The joy of supporting teams like Everton and Colombia is just like a drug man.

They can beat anyone on a given day. Look beautiful. Give u hope. They can also lose twice to Newcastle and lose 6-1 to greaking Ecuador. You never really know what you'll get. I love that in some crazy way man. It's like playing russian roulette or dating that one chick that is terrible in every way but a wild beast in bed.

Maybe I need help

Bit off topic, but I'm also a long time Golden State Warriors fan and i agree. The first championship in 2015 was amazing beating Lebron. Then of course the next year should have been amazing but lost in 7 at the end because Kyrie was unconscious. But then when we got KD I didn't even bother with the regular 82 game season because the players only turned up for half the game it was so easy for them.

But back to Everton - I think as long as we don't turn out to be one of those billionaire backed teams that just buys Neymar at twice the market value, then I'm ok. There's lots of competition in the premier league which makes it fun and football is never over until the last minute. But I couldn't support a one team league like a Bayern or PSG, I tried to get into the Bundesliga a while ago, and the prem is just more fun, the banter is more fun too. Even some of the bottom half teams right now like Leeds, Palace, Southampton, Wolves could be challenging for a euro place and get a result against a more favored opponent. Also gotta say... teams generally put away their chances as well in this league. Like Everton had 3 shots on target and scored against Man U!

Whoa! let's not get too ahead of ourselves, it felt like a win getting the draw but the buggers have knocked another 2 months off my life. That means cumulatively it's about 35 years they've taken away from me and I'm going to be a goner sometime around next next week. :p

I love Everton I just wished for once we would go to the Emirates, OT, Stamford Bridge and hell on earth and just win occasionally.
Try and hang on ‘til May, could be something good happening!!

Today I took the full ride of being an Everton fan. Obviously I have supported and cared for the team since day 1. I connected with the team since day 1.

But today, I felt what you lot always told me about.

The excitement before the match

The frustration not to see Mina seeing that he was also absent in the last United league match and they clogged us for 2 headers goals.

Then the nervousness as the match got going

The naive confidence as we started playing well

The utter frustration with how that first goal developed knowing that that passage would end up in goal from the moment Doucoure gave that ball away.

The anger as that play developed and watching every mistake made in that passage (ball giveaway, no pressure on the wing to the ball crosser, poor coverage by Keane.

Then the anger at our players for playing like a neighborhood bunch, especially James and Doucoure and for the whole team just sitting back and playing scared

The frustration of DCL missing that one on one thinking that's it, we are done.

Then the shy joy of that first goal thinking maybe there is hope

Then the glorious roar of the 2nd goal. Screamed and jumped as I watched in.my home gym to the point that my wife came running to check if I was ok and angrily rolled her eyes when she realized it was a soccer scream.

Then hope....and hope that we win it.

Then more anger at us sitting back. Came the 3rd goal and I was deflated..how? Why?

But I kept hope, frustrated hope. My workout was done but I stayed in gym. Pacing back and forward. Not sitting down. Like a father awaiting his first son.

Then came the goal and I screamed yes 5 times (Wife knew better this time) as I punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves (dumb) and I said I love this team.

I know I am rambling on. But I havent felt this emotionally attached to a team or a match since Colombia in the world cup. The blues were in complete control of my emotions and how my weekend would go on.

I understand now the madness here and I love it

I want to take you to a match and sit you in the top balcony for a 1-0 defeat to newly promoted Norwich to complete your authentic Everton supporting experience.

Today I took the full ride of being an Everton fan. Obviously I have supported and cared for the team since day 1. I connected with the team since day 1.

But today, I felt what you lot always told me about.

The excitement before the match

The frustration not to see Mina seeing that he was also absent in the last United league match and they clogged us for 2 headers goals.

Then the nervousness as the match got going

The naive confidence as we started playing well

The utter frustration with how that first goal developed knowing that that passage would end up in goal from the moment Doucoure gave that ball away.

The anger as that play developed and watching every mistake made in that passage (ball giveaway, no pressure on the wing to the ball crosser, poor coverage by Keane.

Then the anger at our players for playing like a neighborhood bunch, especially James and Doucoure and for the whole team just sitting back and playing scared

The frustration of DCL missing that one on one thinking that's it, we are done.

Then the shy joy of that first goal thinking maybe there is hope

Then the glorious roar of the 2nd goal. Screamed and jumped as I watched in.my home gym to the point that my wife came running to check if I was ok and angrily rolled her eyes when she realized it was a soccer scream.

Then hope....and hope that we win it.

Then more anger at us sitting back. Came the 3rd goal and I was deflated..how? Why?

But I kept hope, frustrated hope. My workout was done but I stayed in gym. Pacing back and forward. Not sitting down. Like a father awaiting his first son.

Then came the goal and I screamed yes 5 times (Wife knew better this time) as I punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves (dumb) and I said I love this team.

I know I am rambling on. But I havent felt this emotionally attached to a team or a match since Colombia in the world cup. The blues were in complete control of my emotions and how my weekend would go on.

I understand now the madness here and I love it
It’s many things being a toffee, boring isn’t one!

Status
Not open for further replies.