I am truely impressed.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan

Staff member
That this forum isn't in meltdown. I know we still have time, but usually at this point in the transfer window Evertonians are on the verge of suicide awaiting the announcement of the next Riquelme, Rodrigo, Fernandes, Moutinho or Van de Vaart. (see what I did there, there is one rubbish player in that list of world class players, Fernandes was crap :p).

We seem to either have accepted that we have no cash and aren't signing anyone, or we have deluded ourselves into thinking Moyes has another show-stopper to announce on the last day.

Either way, I am tranquil and happy regardless what happens (short of us selling everyone and playing with the tea lady up front.

I think it's because we realise that our squad is good enough as it is and we already signed Beckford, Gueye, and Silva.

The window isn't closed, Moyes has always had some money - MacGyver and Silva were financed effectively by the Juke, he is staying true to form and playing his game real tight, what is the previous minimum spend in a summer? Bent and Cahill, 2.5 mill right there.

The window isn't closed, Moyes has always had some money - MacGyver and Silva were financed effectively by the Juke, he is staying true to form and playing his game real tight, what is the previous minimum spend in a summer? Bent and Cahill, 2.5 mill right there.

We have no money. Face it. No one will be signing, and it doesn't really matter

We have no money. Face it. No one will be signing, and it doesn't really matter

We have had no money for how many years? Yet still broke transfer records how many times? Moyes is simply not bidding for the players HE wants yet so that he does not get undone by the Redknapps of the world. Moyes has proven time and again that he knows best, yeah sure it would be nice to sell a pice of our soul and then be able to shout about the Ballotelli's and YaYa's of this world, but that has never been Moyes and has rarely been Everton. An 'if you know your history' point, so to speak.
However little money there is, I am sure Moyes will do his best with it, and if he felt his best was being blocked by the man that signs his pay cheque he would have walked already. Faith in Moyes, Faith in Everton, Faith in the fact Kenwright is not a vampire. If he was, the club would have been bled dry years ago, take a look at the old 'hide the pickle' situation over the park.

It's been more of a sustained but less of a peak melt down. 1000 new american posters seeing how the world likes their own Landy cakes.

A telling factor for us hastheis year i think, is that there has been no recogniseable squad memeber that has left (yet) bar Gosling which has been different in other years. Id like to think after the second half of last season that our fans know we are extreaemly competiitive. What is also tempering expectations on the transfer front is the young players breaking through, Coleman, Rodwell etc it would be hard to go out and find similar players of that qaulity i would think certainly for value for money. Thirdly you only have to look at the market to see the bottom has fallen out of football finance really, its a prudent move keeping your powder dry presently, curbing spiraling debt levels, and not paying through the nose for credit. One thing that stands out for me this close season and im not sure if people realise it, is we have actually made a massive outlay in terms of our revenue, we,ve seriously spent a lot of money on these new contracts - tens on millions, i say fair play to the club for that.

I still think there will be a couple of additions or a loan or two. A punt and a bit of padding out im not expecting us to pass the 5 mill mark unless someone leaves.

I think its been a good summer and we have managed this window really well up unitill this point.

Last edited:
really good post by neiler, on the lack of departures i suppose piennar going could see a change in weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.