Huge Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

evertony

Player Valuation: £40m
No, not what Michael Keane reminds me of.....but what Marco and Marcel have on their hands. It’s total rebuild that’s going to take time, probably two seasons minimum to get us even able to play attractive football and finish 6-8th.

Will they get the time and can Goodison be patient?

Did they realise the enormity of the task, and the weaknesses mentally and physically of this squad of players?

Will they succeed?

No, not what Michael Keane reminds me of.....but what Marco and Marcel have on their hands. It’s total rebuild that’s going to take time, probably two seasons minimum to get us even able to play attractive football and finish 6-8th.

Will they get the time and can Goodison be patient? I hope so but if it gets really bad I fear patience will be used up.

Did they realise the enormity of the task, and the weaknesses mentally and physically of this squad of players? We can only answer this once we know th outcome fo the transfer window, but so far it seems that they didn't quite!

Will they succeed? I think they have a good chance if they clear out the squad and sign some new players.

I don’t think the fans will turn on the manager. Well I hope not straight away.

But those making decisions high up need a kicking of things don’t improve as the season goes along.

It's those above that should get the abuse but we all know unfortunately that if we don't have at least 10-15 on the board there'll be calls for Silva to go. No patience in football anymore

We have been a defensive team for decades. To suddenly switch to a 4-3-3 is a huge risk we just don't have the players to do it.

Silva needs another 3-4 players to make the formation work, but then there's the problem of no time to gel. If Silva continues with the formation with the same players we will be shipping in too many goals. He will be swapping 3-4 players every game trying to make it work and be gone by october.

We have been a defensive team for decades. To suddenly switch to a 4-3-3 is a huge risk we just don't have the players to do it.

Silva needs another 3-4 players to make the formation work, but then there's the problem of no time to gel. If Silva continues with the formation with the same players we will be shipping in too many goals. He will be swapping 3-4 players every game trying to make it work and be gone by october.

We ship goals no matter what formation we play.

In theory Marco needs time to fix things. Thing is, he has averaged a season at every club he has been in so far, so I hope there is more to him than meets the eye!

Status
Not open for further replies.