Match Thread Huddersfield Town v Everton, Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already there.

Once you start talking about draws and fortune it stops being winnable, imo. We need to get better at football and that means tonight players like Nkounkou, Branthwaite and Gordon need to play. If we lose, we lose. The short term thinking of going for the League Cup every year and aiming for Europe in the league needs to go.
You have never seen us win a trophy and you don't want us to try, sorry lad but get in the bin, terrible attitude and everything that is wrong with modern football/fans.

You have never seen us win a trophy and you don't want us to try, sorry lad but get in the bin, terrible attitude and everything that is wrong with modern football/fans.
I want us to try, but I want us to try in a way that might work instead of hoping for a lot of luck to break our way.

Look winning the League Cup because we don't draw anyone hard until the semis and shithouse our way through on pens or whatever would be amazing don't get me wrong. But Swansea did that once and while they'll have loved it would they switch places with Leicester (ignore the fluke title and focus on since then) who have got a cup and also play in Europe and compete with top sides? Obviously no, but doing that takes time and a concerted effort on getting there which we cannot and will not do if every season we start out looking to win a cup and make Europe when we are not ready yet.

I live about six miles away in Holmfirth. The locals are good and I got my vaccinations at Town's stadium so I owe them...nothing. Destroy them Blues!

I visited there a few years ago. loads of character and, of course, home of.....

1629825137417.png

I want us to try, but I want us to try in a way that might work instead of hoping for a lot of luck to break our way.

Look winning the League Cup because we don't draw anyone hard until the semis and shithouse our way through on pens or whatever would be amazing don't get me wrong. But Swansea did that once and while they'll have loved it would they switch places with Leicester (ignore the fluke title and focus on since then) who have got a cup and also play in Europe and compete with top sides? Obviously no, but doing that takes time and a concerted effort on getting there which we cannot and will not do if every season we start out looking to win a cup and make Europe when we are not ready yet.
What are you babbling about. What have Leicester and Swansea got to do with the price of chips. You take what you can in a cup competition, it counts the same if you play div 2 teams right through as it does Premier league teams. Your squad building still has to be done for the Prem, we should be anyway, we shouldn't be sacrificing the cups, our DoF should be doing a better job to make us compete.

What are you babbling about. What have Leicester and Swansea got to do with the price of chips. You take what you can in a cup competition, it counts the same if you play div 2 teams right through as it does Premier league teams. Your squad building still has to be done for the Prem, we should be anyway, we shouldn't be sacrificing the cups, our DoF should be doing a better job to make us compete.
Every game is an opportunity to improve, we largely choose not to.

We start the same every season, win a cup, best chance at a trophy, get Europe and push on next year, yada yada yada. Until we start a season with the ability to look past the following May we'll be stuck in this cycle of nothingness.

Exactly mate, I don't understand people turning their nose up, if they'd had the feeling what a cup win gives, I doubt they'd say the same but each to their own, me, I want to win a cup at all costs.
It’s actually a piece of piss to get the FA Cup back to where it should be as well, but the money men just won’t have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.