Howard Kendall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not on Twitter or Facebook so cannot put my toast there.

But I will toast our greatest ever manager this afternoon when I have m y Gin and Tonic.

He assembled (IMO) our greatest ever side. He did it with style, with class. He didn't just build an amazing side, he built a side steeped in Everton values, a proper Everton team that no other side could live with.
I feel sorry for the younger lids who never got to witness the great man in his prime.

RIP Gaffer

God I wish he never left us to join Bilbao.
Still baffles me to this very day why he did that. I know the European ban hit, us as a club and the players hard and obviously Howard felt that as well. I could understand if it had been Barcelona but Bilbao?

Still baffles me to this very day why he did that. I know the European ban hit, us as a club and the players hard and obviously Howard felt that as well. I could understand if it had been Barcelona but Bilbao?

Iirc, he nearly become Barca manager the season before he went to Bilbao. Something wasn't right and they appointed Terry Venables instead

Iirc, he nearly become Barca manager the season before he went to Bilbao. Something wasn't right and they appointed Terry Venables instead
I know mate. Even though they were nowhere near the force they are nowadays, Barcelona would have been difficult to turn down, even though Everton were better then Barca back then. To think he left the champions of England for Bilbao is hard to understand for many fans, notwithstanding the fact his hands were tied in the transfer market due to the basque only policy they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.