How quickly things can change in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree at all, we are nowhere near top 6 contenders, no way are DCL and Holgate worth 80mil, the bit about baby steps is right though, unfortunately other clubs make giant strides.

We are always going to operate in the same way, one step forward two steps back, we can say goodbye to europe next season because of the absolute state of the squad, nothing done so far this window, snails.
How many points off 6th place are we ?

DCL and Holgate combined would be valued at near 80m in todays crazy transfer market.
Both English, both improving, both young and I would guess that both will be brought into the international scene very soon.

the point is correct in spite of the brackets. The brackets were merely there to lament how much closer we’d have been at this point in time.

At what point would you say we’re in the hunt for 6th? 3 points or less? In Jan?

I'm not saying that we're not in the hunt. Everyone other than the RS, and to a lesser degree Leicester, has been very inconsistent this season. We should be challenging higher than sixth but we spend our lives lamenting stupid performances where Everton don't show up, so we cannot disregard them when they keep happening. Nor will I get carried away and think we'll finish in a European place until we actually demonstrate the consistency required to gain one. We are five points off 5th and seven points off the relegation zone. A couple of results either way and we're either "flying high" or getting sucked back into a relegation battle.

10 points out of 15 in the league is very acceptable considering the tools he has at his disposal. Genuinely don’t think Guardiola or Klopp could have got more out of this squad. If he gets us top 8 with what he inherited he is indeed a great manager. Just imagine what he could do with his own players brought to the club.

10 points out of 15 in the league is very acceptable considering the tools he has at his disposal. Genuinely don’t think Guardiola or Klopp could have got more out of this squad. If he gets us top 8 with what he inherited he is indeed a great manager. Just imagine what he could do with his own players brought to the club.

And most of them are literally tools!

We don’t change. I said it in the other thread but there isn’t a team in this league or the one below that that happens to apart from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.