How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Moshiri, Kenwright and Brands will be deploying backdoor diplomacy with other potential managers. The board is as responsible as Silva cos they have bottled the last 3-4 appointments.

Who said anything about insulting him? But it's a start that you acknowledge that I'm right about AM being the second club in the city that he manages. I could actually do a better job promoting Everton Football Club around the World and yes my talents are wasted.

The math is shown in the Gylfi thread mate....

Why on earth would Diego Simeone walk away from Atletico Madrid, currently 2nd in La Liga where he has regular European Cup football, is absolutely beloved and paid by the wheelbarrow to join Everton? What's in it for him?

Why on earth would Diego Simeone walk away from Atletico Madrid, currently 2nd in La Liga where he has regular European Cup football, is absolutely beloved and paid by the wheelbarrow to join Everton? What's in it for him?

A chance to go from the so called ‘second string’ of Madrid to manage the ‘iconic’ First Club of Liverpool* and knock Klopp of his perch or something or other

* actually predated by Liverpool St Helens by 21 years but they adopted rugby union rules instead of the FA rules 6 years before the club was formed

A chance to go from the so called ‘second string’ of Madrid to manage the ‘iconic’ First Club of Liverpool* and knock Klopp of his perch or something or other

* actually predated by Liverpool St Helens by 21 years but they adopted rugby union rules instead of the FA rules 6 years before the club was formed

If Simeone somehow stumbles over this page, he'll have to ask Trippier what an Everton is.

My own feeling is that he will be given until Southampton away. There is yet another international break following that game, so some discreet enquiries may be happening now in preparation.
Not saying this should happen, just adding 2+2 to make 5 perhaps?

I doubt he is on a game by game continuous assessment as some would have.
He still retains the support of the players and the atmosphere at Finch Farm will feed into Brands and Moshiri’s overview of the situation.
I think they will review the situation around Christmas and any decision will be based on our position , performance and morale at that point plus if any desirable manager is available and has informally indicated his willingness to take the task on.
If there is a collapse at some point before or after Christmas and no suitable manager is available then it will be Unsworth or possibly Moyes in strictly defined( I hope!) caretaker role until the end of the season.

I'm patient (or lacking all ambition) so I'm not a gung-ho Silva Outer, but I do enjoy seeing the claim that "if we don't win against ________ [insert next opponent here], he'll surely be sacked the following day" match after match after match.

I can just about understand what attracted the board to Silva in the first place. He did get a tune out of the Hull squad (including that win over our neighbours) & almost saved them. He had Watford playing well.

...but the way he downed tools after our approach showed an appalling lack of character. We shouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole! Moshiri really showed he had no plan B. Embarrassing.

Now we’ve lost count of the reminders of how big a mistake this was. He certainly should have gone after Millwall. Aston Villa....Sheffield United...Bournemouth... If he’s not gone after this, the fans need to turn there attention to Moshiri. He’s the one that got us in this mess. Koeman, Allardyce, Silva.

I can just about understand what attracted the board to Silva in the first place. He did get a tune out of the Hull squad (including that win over our neighbours) & almost saved them. He had Watford playing well.

...but the way he downed tools after our approach showed an appalling lack of character. We shouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole! Moshiri really showed he had no plan B. Embarrassing.

Now we’ve lost count of the reminders of how big a mistake this was. He certainly should have gone after Millwall. Aston Villa....Sheffield United...Bournemouth... If he’s not gone after this, the fans need to turn there attention to Moshiri. He’s the one that got us in this mess. Koeman, Allardyce, Silva.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though boss.

Either Silva is a manager who got 2 crap teams playing really well and just needed a chance to take a club higher with more freedom and resources.

Or we hired a manager who was relegated and sacked within the 12 months before we hired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.