How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, fair enough, but less of the RS insinuations please. As for today’s performance, I’m seeing all sorts of barmy ‘Silva out’, ‘he’s on borrowed time’ etc shouts on today’s game. None from me though, I just don’t understand what our style is. SU got a point at Chelsea though, which is ominous.

I think we have quite a few good players who deserve to be in the mix for top six, but sometimes the 'project' gets in the way of the football. We play well sometimes, but more often than not, we show that we don't have the fight in us which is required in most games in the Prem. There are not really many poor teams in the Prem, and even the poorest can play with guts at least. The only team that is consistently bad is Newcastle. Individually we have some great players, but the fact that for so long we have played without a striker who can score has changed the whole attitude into one of panic that we can't score. Piling strikers onto the pitch today was a sign of panic by the manager,and there have been signs of panicky subs before from Silva. This won't do him any favours and he needs to change the attitude.Kean may come good, but he's obviously part of the 'project' and not necessarily for the here and now, which is what we needed and we still need.

at least until the end of the season but preferably the end of next season as that would be 3 windows and gives him a good shot at it

I'm dismayed at the lack of fight and commitment.
When they went in at half time, didn't they feel shame at Sheffield Utd, one of the favourites for relegation, turning them over?
Where was the determination to do something, anything that meant they could at least walk off the pitch knowing they had tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.