How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s obviously feeling the pressure, wherever it may be coming from. I am more or less in the ‘underwhelmed, but give him a chance’ camp, but he’s starting to trot out incomprehensible Martinez style excuses, and if that continues, the writing’s on the wall.

Silva is not the guy for us. Like Martinez, he has a track record of taking teams on a downward spiral/flirting with relegation. There's no point getting rid of him now and disrupting the season (we'll finish mid-table - there's enough dross out there to save us from relegation) but the powers that be should be sizing up his replacement now (hopefully someone who's won something/come close to winning something or a young manager on the up). Silva should go after the final game of the season and the new guy installed then, giving him (or her - let's not be sexist about this) the full close season to make the personnel changes needed.

?? I really can't see your GOT valuation getting much higher than its current 500k, buddy.

Inappropriate Behaviour
He’s obviously feeling the pressure, wherever it may be coming from. I am more or less in the ‘underwhelmed, but give him a chance’ camp, but he’s starting to trot out incomprehensible Martinez style excuses, and if that continues, the writing’s on the wall.

Lost to Napoli, did you ?

Wow, why the ridiculous insult? Been going since my dad first took me in the mid 60’s, old Park End, 6s/6d to get in. And you?

You think Silva’s doing a great job, fair enough. I said I’m happy to give him a chance did I not?

Been going since 1947 mate....and I don't hear any 'Martinez like excuses' and I don't think 'the writing is on the wall'...I'd suggest that if you've been going since the mid 60s you'd undserstand football by now.. The season has hardly started...we have be playing in fits and starts and currently don't have much of a goal threat,but we have a lot of good players. Why not wait until the end of the season and see were we are then.

Been going since 1947 mate....and I don't hear any 'Martinez like excuses' and I don't think 'the writing is on the wall'...I'd suggest that if you've been going since the mid 60s you'd undserstand football by now.. The season has hardly started...we have be playing in fits and starts and currently don't have much of a goal threat,but we have a lot of good players. Why not wait until the end of the season and see were we are then.
Ok, fair enough, but less of the RS insinuations please. As for today’s performance, I’m seeing all sorts of barmy ‘Silva out’, ‘he’s on borrowed time’ etc shouts on today’s game. None from me though, I just don’t understand what our style is. SU got a point at Chelsea though, which is ominous.

Because results matter now, not when the season is already dead come January.

He gets that excuse once. He used that up last season. He doesn't get it again.

See where we are? I'll tell you were we'll be if we carry on like this, in the championship that's where

Because results matter now, not when the season is already dead come January.

He gets that excuse once. He used that up last season. He doesn't get it again.

Yep, we looked better at the back end of the season so he needs to show progress both in terms of performances now but also a clear flight path for where we are going to go next.

As it stands look pretty much identical to last season. Same predictability, same frailties, same lack of urgency, just some different players.

I sincerely hope Brands has a handle on what the problems are & is in advanced discussions to put it right.

IMVHO (obviously without the benefit of being at FF), I think we need a complete clean sweep. New manager allowed to bring in his full back room. Not forced to work with Kenright’s cronies.

Finger crossed for an announcement Monday AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.