How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A win tomorrow and it is business as usual again. A draw or worse still a loss and the manager has a problem.

Most of us accept that the manager deserves time and I believe the fans will be patient.
However, at home to a promoted club is a must win game and we need to see a performance where Sheffield Utd come off the pitch not knowing what hit them.

Of course it's entitled. Manchester City have got the most expensive squad ever assembled and lost to Norwich, but you think we should be on 15 points when we've had 3 away games. It's ridiculous.

You’re comparing one freak result for the team who’ve won the league twice on the bounce, to us who’ve had a chronic problem with our away form for years.

If we want to be going for the top 6 then that isn’t good enough, plain and simple really. Let’s see how many points the top 6 get in those same 3 fixtures.

Tbf to the dud he hasnt been helped by our clubs apparent allergy to signing an actual goal scorer.

Haller
Callum Wilson

Two players available this summer and we turned our noses up keeping DCL in the side alongside a 19 year old kid - Brands should be heckled for that.

Has anyone ever seen him smile or have a laugh at a presser, post match interview or on the touch line? I haven’t. He always looks as if someone has delivered some very bad news just before he went on air.

That there is your problem,expect to beat sides with ease. we aren't that good like. Widely regarded as the most competitive league ours is it not? You don't beat teams with ease, you shouldn't expect us to do so.
I’m sorry, but we have spent an absolute kings ransom on our squad whilst Villa & Bournemouth have teams full of unknowns and cheap buys, and they both beat us with ease, so yes, it is possible to beat teams with ease.....i.e. us.

Silva is not the guy for us. Like Martinez, he has a track record of taking teams on a downward spiral/flirting with relegation. There's no point getting rid of him now and disrupting the season (we'll finish mid-table - there's enough dross out there to save us from relegation) but the powers that be should be sizing up his replacement now (hopefully someone who's won something/come close to winning something or a young manager on the up). Silva should go after the final game of the season and the new guy installed then, giving him (or her - let's not be sexist about this) the full close season to make the personnel changes needed.

Silva is not the guy for us. Like Martinez, he has a track record of taking teams on a downward spiral/flirting with relegation. There's no point getting rid of him now and disrupting the season (we'll finish mid-table - there's enough dross out there to save us from relegation) but the powers that be should be sizing up his replacement now (hopefully someone who's won something/come close to winning something or a young manager on the up). Silva should go after the final game of the season and the new guy installed then, giving him (or her - let's not be sexist about this) the full close season to make the personnel changes needed.
Martinez had won something...

You’re comparing one freak result for the team who’ve won the league twice on the bounce, to us who’ve had a chronic problem with our away form for years.

If we want to be going for the top 6 then that isn’t good enough, plain and simple really. Let’s see how many points the top 6 get in those same 3 fixtures.
I’m not doing that at all though. I’m doing literally the exact opposite in fact. I’m saying I know we have a chronic problem away from home, and am therefore acutely aware that expecting us to win three games away games on the bounce is utterly bonkers. You’re saying we have a chronic problem away from home going back years... but you still expected us to get 9 from 9 on the road. That’s what’s entitled about it, you’re expecting us to show form that we have absolutely no recent record of producing, just because you think we’re a bigger club than the teams we’ve played.

I’m sorry, but we have spent an absolute kings ransom on our squad whilst Villa & Bournemouth have teams full of unknowns and cheap buys, and they both beat us with ease, so yes, it is possible to beat teams with ease.....i.e. us.

...and Bournemouth are...er...third in the league, so they are no mugs. If we'd been able to take chances, and if Richie had not hit the bar etc etc. Bournemouth play to Howes system and its a good system. They buy players to fit the system. As was said above...we needed a proven goalscoring striker, but we bought a kid with 'potential' instead, who will have a great sell on price,hopefully, in 4 years time. So has moneyball come to Everton...if ambition is our driving force, are transfer profits 'Plan B'?

...and Bournemouth are...er...third in the league, so they are no mugs. If we'd been able to take chances, and if Richie had not hit the bar etc etc. Bournemouth play to Howes system and its a good system. They buy players to fit the system. As was said above...we needed a proven goalscoring striker, but we bought a kid with 'potential' instead, who will have a great sell on price,hopefully, in 4 years time. So has moneyball come to Everton...if ambition is our driving force, are transfer profits 'Plan B'?
Steve, I’ve no idea what Plan B is, or Plan A for that matter. I’ve posted a year ago about giving EH a chance here, but have been shot down by plenty of experts on here. I’d laugh my c*ck off if Bournemouth went and did a Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.