• 1-2 years

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • 2-4 years

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I like it even when we're crap.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • What's the point. I'll get into snooker instead.

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s too far away. Another 3 years of Farhad Moshiri and we will not be in the Premier League, the ground will either be left half finished like Valencia’s or completely remodelled to a 25,000 seater box like the Riverside. If we chase him out in the next couple of years we can still save this club. I trust the freedom fighters are on with this though.
we are so boring we can never get relegated mate. it'd still be something. there is no way Everton FC will finish any lower than 14th in the next 3 years. the supporters, the tradition and the aura of Goodison will never let that happen.

Significant progress can be made in 2 years given the number of contracts that are ending. There will be money available to reinvest.

Good recruitment under the right manager and football changes very quickly. The club have to be ruthless though. If no changes are made then no change will happen.

This manager and this DOF need to go and Moshiri needs football people making the appointments. Unfortunately thats an awful lot that needs to go right with very little evidence that its likely to happen.

How many years have we been saying this? We will be OK when we free up £300k+ per week next season. But the damage was done when we paid 20/30/40m on players and they just run their contracts down and we get nothing for them. We would be better selling them for a minimal amount or free transfer ASAP than have them just hanging about and claiming their wages...

I would quite happily get behind a squad with all the usual suspects culled and made up with our best youngsters.

How many years have we been saying this? We will be OK when we free up £300k+ per week next season. But the damage was done when we paid 20/30/40m on players and they just run their contracts down and we get nothing for them. We would be better selling them for a minimal amount or free transfer ASAP than have them just hanging about and claiming their wages...

I would quite happily get behind a squad with all the usual suspects culled and made up with our best youngsters.
The issue has been that we cant sell these players. That issue goes away for several players who are out of contract. A lot of high earners too.

We need to try and sell lots of others too. Nearly everyone should be available for a fair fee. But the wage bill is clearly going to be much lower, especially with James off it this season too.

The issue has been that we cant sell these players. That issue goes away for several players who are out of contract. A lot of high earners too.

We need to try and sell lots of others too. Nearly everyone should be available for a fair fee. But the wage bill is clearly going to be much lower, especially with James off it this season too.

Brands was out of contract this year, that would’ve been a handy one to get off the books.

For me, I just find it all so boring. At least in the Moyes era we had a team with players we all enjoyed watching (except Phil Neville). We usually bottled the big occasions and went on the odd bad run, but for the most part it was enjoyable to go the game.

These days we've got a team full of mercenaries who cannot even pass the ball between themselves, with no real sense of camaraderie or ambition.

I'm not talking breaking into the top 4 or anything like that, just something less tedious than this weird footballing inertia we've been in for the last 5 years.

Nothing to do with finding the right manager, we appointed Carlo Ancelotti last year and were still an absolute mess, the club is run like a circus from top to bottom. None of those clubs have ever been handled as badly as we have apart from maybe Liverpool under Hicks and Gillette. I don’t believe any of our fans truly believe deep down in their hearts that the state of this club is down to the manager, whether they want to admit it or not.

…i did say it wasn’t only about appointing the right Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.