• 1-2 years

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • 2-4 years

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I like it even when we're crap.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • What's the point. I'll get into snooker instead.

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Player Valuation: £35m
We're not very good are we? We all know that. But how long do you think it will take for us to become consistentally enjoyable to watch again?

I'm talking all the players you dislike gone, a style of football that doesn't make the eyes bleed and not having that sore throat from booing come 5pm on a Saturday. In your opinion, how long will it realistically take to fix this mess?

I suppose it depends what you mean by good. We are one of the ten best teams in possibly the toughest league in the world, so we are not exactly Sunday league standard.
If by good you mean a regular top 4 team or even challenging for the league, then I don't see that happening until there is a significant change in the structure of football itself. Which won't be happening any time soon.

I think we are already at a good standard. Problem is we cant get our best players on the pitch together and it's been the case the last 2 seasons. Issue is depth.

Benitez will need 2 windows to get in players he feels will strengthen the squad. So the question really is, will benitez get the right players in to take us where we need to be. I would say probably yes.

Sacking Benitez and shipping all awful players will take at least a year I'm afraid

Sacking Benitez and shipping all awful players will take at least a year I'm afraid
The manager and players are garbage granted, but the root cause of all this is off the field.

Pointless getting rid of the players we have if they're going to be replaced with with the same crap because the people at boardroom level don't have a clue.

Is Ferguson the best first team coach we could have? NO
Is Unsworth the best U23s manager we could have? NO
Is John Ebrell the man for the academy? NO
Was Benitez the best manager we could of got? NO
Should Brands have had his contract renewed? NO

Having people in these positions and having a manager and players who are rank is down to the people at the top.
Until Kenwright Brands and co leave then expect the same.

Kenwright is the biggest culprit for our failure he's the one recruiting the 'boys'

I suppose it depends what you mean by good. We are one of the ten best teams in possibly the toughest league in the world, so we are not exactly Sunday league standard.
If by good you mean a regular top 4 team or even challenging for the league, then I don't see that happening until there is a significant change in the structure of football itself. Which won't be happening any time soon.

For the money spent to be scratching around with the wolves and southamptons isnt enough.
If we play pickford godfrey kean and digne thats over 100m spent on a defence that doesnt look like it even knows what a clean sheet is. How many teams around that 10th level have spent that just on their defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.