• Zouma

• Davies

• Gana

• Siggy

• No one

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those saying why change a winning team - its not a winning team we are currently an inconsistent team who look good one week poor the next, win one week lose the next.

We need a side good enough to get a run of good results and as such Davies, Kenny and Keane (who are the 3 poorest members of the current starting 11) should be replaced by 3 better quality players until said new players dont perform then the likes of Davies and Keane can expect to come back in and restake their claim.

For those saying why change a winning team - its not a winning team we are currently an inconsistent team who look good one week poor the next, win one week lose the next.

We need a side good enough to get a run of good results and as such Davies, Kenny and Keane (who are the 3 poorest members of the current starting 11) should be replaced by 3 better quality players until said new players dont perform then the likes of Davies and Keane can expect to come back in and restake their claim.

Keane is playing well, as is Zouma. It means that we don't have to force anything with Mina which is good for

a) fitness following an injury
b) settling into a new league

Kenny will be out when Coleman is back.

Davies is playing okay. When Gomes is fit I imagine Gomes will be first choice but it's horses for courses. If we need loads of energy and a bit of intensity in midfield, it'll be Davies over Gomes, I'd imagine. If we need a player who can control our tempo more than Davies can, or is at least calmer/more efficient with the ball, then it'll be Gomes.

Some terrible shouts in here.

Players need to complement eachother as well as just be good in their own right. From everything I've seen of Mina, Zouma would complement his game, as he does Keane's. I'm not convinced that Keane and Mina would be a good partnership, and i'm pretty sure that's why we brought Zouma in in the first place. There's no reason why a contracted player should be used ahead of a loan player, in fact it makes much more sense to get the use out of the loan player while you've got them than it does to pay a fee and wages for someone who then just sits on the bench.

It seems fairly obvious that Keane and Davies are the two players who would be replaced because of the team's set up, although when that will be I don't know.

Both will start on the bench, they wont be match fit and will be brought into the team gradually. Maybe in the next round of the cup at Leicester........ oh wait

Both will start on the bench, they wont be match fit and will be brought into the team gradually. Maybe in the next round of the cup at Leicester........ oh wait
If you’re moaning about changing the side which led to getting knocked out of the cup, why then suggest changing the side for a cup game?

The thing that annoys me the most is that most on here advocate the bencing of two English talents.

The choice in defence should be easy as a loanee should never trump a full team member so when the time is right Zouma goes.

Midfield is a different matter and I would simply have two systems, one of an attacking of style in which Gana is dropped and then a defensive set up when Gana stays.

Davies stays put as he is a talent to be nurtured not squandered.
so using that logic lukaku shouldn't have been our starting striker in his first season with us?

“You know what mate, you’re better than Michael, but you don’t really play for us so sit on the bench. At the end of the season we’ll probably want to sign you though if you’re up for that?”

There was no way Mina was walking into the starting eleven anyway. Same as Digne when he first came in with Baines - it needs transition.

He and Gomes will be on the bench for several weeks first.

Don’t care if they’re on loan or our player - drop the worst of the two and that’s Keane.
Disagree for this reason.

Keane is now showing the qualities that attracted us to him, so this surely this should be rewarded with game time!

Status
Not open for further replies.