Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

jondel

Player Valuation: £1m
Seeing as it's the anniversary of Hillsborough i would like to remember my friend Pat. He was a big man a gentle giant . He had 5 young kids under the age of 8. He couldn't afford to go to the match alot because of his kids. He also swore He would never go to another away game after Heisel at which he was truly sickened by what he witnessed. The day before the semi finals we were talking in work and Pat asked me if I was going to our game at Villa Park. I said no I couldn't go. He then surprised me by saying his wife had bought him a ticket for the game as a treat. Before he left I said maybe see you in the final. I never saw him again. RIP Pat and the other 95.

....sure I’m not alone in being at Villa Park as news started to come through about a delay to the kick off. No mobile phones in those days, but the seriousness of the situation grew & we all had pals at Hillsborough. Stopped to make a few calls on the way home, concerned about those we knew but they were all fine.

A tragedy but an avoidable tragedy, I’m still proud of the stance our club & its supporters have taken.

Terribly sad that. Nobody should go to watch the game they love and not come home.

RIP to Pat and the other 95
Terribly sad that. Nobody should go to watch the game they love and not come home.

RIP to Pat and the other 95.
H
tall

....sure I’m not alone in being at Villa Park as news started to come through about a delay to the kick off. No mobile phones in those days, but the seriousness of the situation grew & we all had pals at Hillsborough. Stopped to make a few calls on the way home, concerned about those we knew but they were all fine.

A tragedy but an avoidable tragedy, I’m still proud of the stance our club & its supporters have taken.
I was having a drink with friends and wives in the night time. We were supposed to be celebrating but everyone was quiet and subdued One of my friends said that everyone of us would know someone who died that day. Sadly he was correct because when we got home that night my mother who was babysitting for us told me the news about my friend Pat. His younger brother who never missed a game stopped going to the game for a long time afterwards.

I was at Villa Park and as @Eggs has said, when the news started to come through was a strange atmosphere. My mate lost his future son in law who never saw his daughter who was born in the may. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends who lost lives on that tragic day. We stopped in a pub on the way home and the following words will stick with me for ever, a fellow blue said 'there for the grace of God go I, there were four balls in that bag and it could have been us.' RIP 96.

Was also at Villa Park that day, remember the announcement at half time that the semi final at Hillsborough hadn’t yet kicked off! We weren’t really aware of what had happened until, on the way back to the car, we asked a bus driver if he knew what was going on and he said what had happened!
I had mates at Hillsborough and just remember sitting that night and on the Sunday morning looking again and again at the list of names! Not ashamed to say I shed a tear or two!

That was the most horrific journey home Eggs,I was on the back row of the side stand Witton Lane that day, they had executive boxes behind,I was watching a Telly in there with the Grandstand coverage on, we all thought only four years after Heysel they had kicked off again, it was only when I say a young woman being led across the pitch by two fellas sobbing I realised something really grave had occurred.

Seeing as it's the anniversary of Hillsborough i would like to remember my friend Pat. He was a big man a gentle giant . He had 5 young kids under the age of 8. He couldn't afford to go to the match alot because of his kids. He also swore He would never go to another away game after Heisel at which he was truly sickened by what he witnessed. The day before the semi finals we were talking in work and Pat asked me if I was going to our game at Villa Park. I said no I couldn't go. He then surprised me by saying his wife had bought him a ticket for the game as a treat. Before he left I said maybe see you in the final. I never saw him again. RIP Pat and the other 95.
So sorry about your friend. Rip Pat and the other 95 angels taken that day.

Thoughts with the families and friends; it really can’t be easy starting the grieving process over again after having to fight for the truth for so long

I’m usually an atheist but I hope they turn up the thermostat in hell for the cabal of coppers, mps and lickspittle ‘journalists’ who created the conditions and then buried it to save their own hides

Status
Not open for further replies.