Highlights (good times) in the last 5 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

APN_EFC

Player Valuation: £25m
I am sick and depressed being a blue at the moment - sorry - but I was just thinking of some good highlights of the last 5 years when it was actually fun being a blue. Seems like such a long time since the solid Moyes era ended and then this sudden upturn with Martinez.

Still, just for fun, and to get out of the negative funk, why not remember some of the good stuff?

For me, they are:

April 2014: Everton 3-0 Arsenal - when Lukaku was on the right, and we looked like a slick, aggressive attacking machine. We out fought Arsenal (not that hard I know) but also the tactics were clever. As BBC said: "Everton's front four, which included early substitute Ross Barkley, purred throughout and at times reduced Arsenal's defenders to a squabbling mess"

Some signings:
When Everton bought Lukaku outright, when Eto'o came to Everton (watched him vs Wolfsburg) - wow ok it didn't turn out that well, but still how exciting, and that week in July 2017 when we bought Keane, Pickford and Klassen so early on in pre-season. The Rooney signing was exciting, even though I had loads of doubts about it - we were famous and everyone thought Everton would challenge the top 6 and Rooney would be some kind of Pirlo reborn.

The 2017 Man city win, especially the Davies flick and run, and the Lookman finish. Unbelievable it was only a year ago!

Roberton Martinez and the blues 'Bring me sunshine' Advert - super cheesy, but those were the days when everything was super positive

The 'Born not Manufactured' Season ticket ad, especially with Besic, Big Dunc on it.

That mini run of assists and goals when Deulofeu and Lukaku looked like BFFs and could have some kind of major attacking connection.

When Howard and the USA team were famous for their WC performance and Obama invited them over and Everton ...wait, we didn't do anything about that, oh well.

Everton 3-1 Chelsea - the Naismith Hat-trick

Jags' volley vs Liverpool
Barkley vs Newcastle
When Stones said calm down to the fans but we were actually nervous but shouldn't have been
Quite a few of Lukaku's goals.

It's the hope that kills you

Man just looked that up - we had Gibson, McGeady, Osman and Kone on the bench...bad squad that year and 2015/16. That's why I always sympathise with Roberto Martinez - 11th place, but 2 SF appearances were not that bad. no challenge from the bench to first team players.

Tim Howard aside, that season (15/16) for the most part we had a first XI that would not look out of place in a Champions League side back then - Coleman, Jagielka, Stones, Baines, Barry. McCarthy, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku. But also squad depth was very poor, as you alluded to.

This season, we've just got ourselves around 20 or so first-teamers who look mid-lower PL table level, backed up by a dozen or so promising youngsters whose confidence has been drained out of them by being harshly dropped at various times by a succession of manager's who seemingly don't trust them.

Jeez, it must be soooo bad being a Blue. Surprised no one has said Sevilla beating Liverpool it in the UEFA cup final or fanta scruff. Crystal Palace and Suarez crying, Stevie G slipping. Only 5 posts in, still time.

Jeez, it must be soooo bad being a Blue. Surprised no one has said Sevilla beating Liverpool it in the UEFA cup final or fanta scruff. Crystal Palace and Suarez crying, Stevie G slipping. Only 5 posts in, still time.

Losing to Man City after going 1 up then watching grown men crying to their mothers because there was an Everton conspiracy against Liverpool. Do you still think about it? Still see the seconds before Stevie’s slip when you were still winning the league? The Everton drought has almost been worth it for the massive karma slap you got that summer.

Liverpool since 2012 can be encapsulated in the one figure of Fanta scruff, running his mouth off before being dismantled by a better side then sparked out by harder fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.