Hibs v Everton pre season friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will play them. I hope so. I used to really follow Scottish football. Lost interest a bit since the Rangers relegation all the way to the bottom division. I am gathering my interest back as Rangers climb back up.

It was 2-2 last time, think Rooney put us 1 up before they went 2-1 up and Unsworth equalized with a penalty.
Unsworth penalty is one of the happiest moments of my life, simply because i started a Rhino chant.

Rumours going around here that Everton will be coming to Easter road to play Hibs. Anyone heard anything about this? I'm hoping it's true and with the Stubbs connection can see it happening.

I'd be made up if this happened. I'm a life long Evertonian but adopted the Hibees as my Scottish team when i moved to Leith in the 80's. Haven't seen them much recently but i did make the Berwick Rangers game in the cup last season and enjoyed it.

There's a fair few of us on here who have a soft spot for the Hibees. ;)

I think the last match was around 2002. Way too long ago. (Rooney played IIRC).

I went to see us against Dunfirmline on that pre-season tour. There was a great Blues turnout as a 16 year old Rooney had just scored a hatful in the previous games on the tour. First time I'd seen him in the flesh and couldn't believe the size of him for his age. Gravesen ran the show and we won 3-0.

Anyone else heard about a game versus Leeds pre-season? Mate at work who follows them said it's been mentioned a few times their end.

Hope not. What an absolute hole that Elland Road is. I know some people slate Goodison but Leeds ground is an absolute dump. I remember there being trouble outside the ground there too, a few years back when we played them in the League Cup.

If the July 25th friendly is against a Scottish team, then it has to be an SPL team, as the Scottish Championship, League 1 and League 2 teams are all playing in the Petrofac Cup that day.

We're supposedly playing Dundee on July 28th.
Aberdeen are playing Brighton that weekend.
Celtic are playing Rennes at home on July 25th (so any Blues going up to Scotland, the Hoops will be about and in numbers).

So that leaves our possible opponents that day as:

Dundee Utd
Hamilton
Hearts
Inverness
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Partrick Thistle
Ross County
St Johnstone

By the way, by sheer coincidence, Wigan are also doing a pre-season tour of Scotland, playing Partrick on July 21st and Dundee on July 24th. Fancy that eh?!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=3742

I went to see us against Dunfirmline on that pre-season tour. There was a great Blues turnout as a 16 year old Rooney had just scored a hatful in the previous games on the tour. First time I'd seen him in the flesh and couldn't believe the size of him for his age. Gravesen ran the show and we won 3-0.
First time I'd seen him was at Hibs as I was living up there at the time but had been told what to expect. Minutes into the game and he cuts in from the left and hits a shot from 30 yards with the outside of his foot that whizzes past the post. Unbelievable talent...which I knew almost immediately we'd lose because of the nobheads in charge...and who are still in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.