Hibbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's back now, he was on the bench yesterday to be honest. He would atleast give the team some bite, I wouldn't say he's the answer to all our problems by any means.

We lack leaders to be honest, we don't have one in the entire squad. We need someone like Stubbs who can boss the defence and tells it how it is.

Neville aint put a foot wrong really (maybe last night he did), so bringing Hibbo in who's the more quiet right back evvvveeer aint gonna change much.

I know I'll get shot down for this but maybe putting Neville in the midfield might be able to be more involved and bark out orders, keep the new boys in line.

Howard
Hibbert Yobo Jags Lescott
Neville Castillo/Fellini
Arteta Osman
Cahill
Yak.

Neville won't offer anything we don't already have to be honest.

We need a play maker in the middle, someone who can make us play and make thing happen. I'd even take Tugay, a 38 year old play maker who bossed the game yesterday.

If Moyes has got half a brain he'll move Arteta centrally and let him get a hold of things. I doubt he will though, not his style.

I've always though he should move Arteta into the middle but peopel say he drifts inside a lot anyway.

I'm not saying Neville will offer anything new, but he could offer stability playing with the new lads being he played a percentage of last season in midfield with Carsley in some of our better games when we played some great football (abliet the score the 1st half against Arsenal last season comes to mind).

He's a better right back and should stay there (most consistant defender we have at the mo) but I just think it would add some strength a guidence in the midfield that would help out the defence.

But I've always said we should've got another playmaker -- Manny we miss ya.

I think it's a bad idea to be honest. We seem to be lacking ideas when we get the ball and Hibbert and Neville will only make things worse, neither improve our style of play.

I'd definatly use Osman or Arteta in the middle no matter what, even play Saha on the left so we can use one of them in the middle. We seem to be lacking ideas and we have no one who will take the ball off the back four and distribute it intelligently.

As defensive midfielders I think Castillo/Fellaini are fine but alongside each other they seem to get in each others way. Take up the same positions and Castillo playing means Fellaini plays in a more attacking role which obviously doesn't suit him.

Osman or Arteta in the middle for me against the [Poor language removed].

We need to keep some cleansheets and nick a goal here and there. As much as There is no doubting that Hibbert is one of the better tacklers in the team. Neville backs away from sticking a challenge in until either
it's too late or the player has positioned himself so Neville has to foul him.

I know Hibbert is a long ball merchant but we desperately need a cleansheet and there is something wrong with that back 5 at the moment.

Neville aint put a foot wrong really (maybe last night he did), so bringing Hibbo in who's the more quiet right back evvvveeer aint gonna change much.

I know I'll get shot down for this but maybe putting Neville in the midfield might be able to be more involved and bark out orders, keep the new boys in line.

Howard
Hibbert Yobo Jags Lescott
Neville Castillo/Fellini
Arteta Osman
Cahill
Yak.

Ahhh the classic 4-5-2 formation :blink:. Personally i'd go with:

Howard Nash Turner

Neville Hibbert Yobo Jagielka Lescott Baines Velente

Arteta Osman Felliani Rodwell Castillo Piennar

Cahill

Saha Yakubu Vaughan Anichebe

I think we'd be pretty much unbeatable with this team :p;)

Status
Not open for further replies.