Here's £25m. What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbiolo

Valuation: £108 million
Assuming he goes, and City stump up £20m for him, Moyes has a budget of £25m or so (maybe more). What next? Who should he bring in?

Senderos: £5m (plenty of experience, intelligent and young)
Moutinho: £20m (as above)
Defour: £17m (not sure on his pedigree tbh)
Elm: £5m (young, hungry and so far untainted)
Someone else?

I'm going out on a limb and saying Moutinho could probably be had for the £20m and Senderos will cost us £5m. Both are affordable in the wage department too. The bonus withy Moutinho is he can, and does, play on the right side of midfield. maybe he's wasted there, but there is no reason to assume he wouldn't switch with Arteta at times anyway.

My list ain't the most imaginative, and I'm sure others can do better.

But the fact is, by the end of the week we should hope to have shifted Lescott.

I doubt he'll have half the money from any Lescott sale, tbh. I'll be realistic and say that he'll simply *replace* Lescott with Senderos and bring O'Neill or similar in to shore up the right side. £10M top whack.

I doubt he'll have half the money from any Lescott sale, tbh. I'll be realistic and say that he'll simply *replace* Lescott with Senderos and bring O'Neill or similar in to shore up the right side. £10M top whack.

I dont think Moyes would like that, although I wouldnt be surprised it happening.

Its like kicking Moyes in the balls then giving in another kick as he's getting up

I dont think Moyes would like that, although I wouldnt be surprised it happening.

Its like kicking Moyes in the balls then giving in another kick as he's getting up

Maybe so, but if you look at it from the owners' point of view it makes perfect sense: one player bought for £5M a few seasons ago sold for, say, £22M. This funds two incoming decent standard Premiership players and there's money over to service annual debt repayments.

:dodgy:

O'neil........this is making me want to get a season ticket......(n) FFS, unless he's on a free

Anything for Moutinho to join, absolutely anything

We can't afford to lose Lescott and not replace with at least 1 player who we'd really put in our first XI

Senderos and O'neil wouldn't be.....

Therefore a step backwards

Elm, Defour, Mout, Van Der Vaart, Sessegnon, lets add Pirlo and Kaka in there, anyone would be nice from those players

Maybe so, but if you look at it from the owners' point of view it makes perfect sense: one player bought for £5M a few seasons ago sold for, say, £22M. This funds two incoming decent standard Premiership players and there's money over to service annual debt repayments.

True, but I'm sure Moyes will want to at least say let me buy 1 big name player with the cash. It'll just push him over the edge the fact that 22mill or so comes in from a player he didnt want to sell, only to be told that he's only got two bob to spend.

Would Moyes accept that, Dave? I suppose if there is some prior claim to the money from the bank, and we are legally obliged to give up the money, then Moyes just won't sell. But I assume the bank and club have agreed terms on the debt and I assume the club is sticking to the repayments.

I think Moyes will get the money, although it might be the case that he has to juggle various other things into the equation, such as possible agents' fees, increases in salaries and so on. So £20m for Joleon, might mean more like £15-17m to spend in the market.

Hmmm. :(

Would Moyes accept that, Dave? I suppose if there is some prior claim to the money from the bank, and we are legally obliged to give up the money, then Moyes just won't sell. But I assume the bank and club have agreed terms on the debt and I assume the club is sticking to the repayments.

Yes. He always does! Again, trying to be realistic rather than pie in the sky, Lescott's all but gone and Moyes knows the owners' perspective on things and that he'll have to economise. I know they're not seen as *next step* players, but at this point in time Senderos and O'Neill aren't to be sniffed at. Unless the club can get quality players in with the promise of payments to their current clubs in dribs and drabs, we'll be left with reasonably priced players like the two mentioned above. However, I dont believe the mood at the club is to run the debt up - even if they could get a bank to have faith in them!

I think Moyes will get the money, although it might be the case that he has to juggle various other things into the equation, such as possible agents' fees, increases in salaries and so on. So £20m for Joleon, might mean more like £15-17m to spend in the market.

Hmmm. :(

Those things are always forgotten in transfers and they take a huge slice of spending.

Yes. He always does! Again, trying to be realistic rather than pie in the sky, Lescott's all but gone and Moyes knows the owners' perspective on things and that he'll have to economise. I know they're not seen as *next step* players, but at this point in time Senderos and O'Neill aren't to be sniffed at. Unless the club can get quality players in with the promise of payments to their current clubs in dribs and drabs, we'll be left with reasonably priced players like the two mentioned above. However, I dont believe the mood at the club is to run the debt up - even if they could get a bank to have faith in them!

Those things are always forgotten in transfers and they take a huge slice of spending.

Maybe Dave. You've been proved right before. My take is that Moyes insisted he was responsible for transfers. I assumed that that meant he was able to use any income generated from such events. If he isn't, and the club does cream off money to repay the bank, then Moyes was being less than honest.

In saying that, we really do have to pay the banks money from time-to-time. It's funny that a lot of people seem to think that we can go on increasing our debt without the banks ever expecting the money back. Sadly, it doesn't work like that and the longer we take to repay money, the more interest we must pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.