Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin-Tin

Player Valuation: £70m
Couldn't find another thread for him but it doesn't look like he will be back next year as he hasn't been included in Nigeria's provisional WC squad so won't get the games required for a permit.

Belgian press saying he's not fit but Nigerian reports are saying he is and Anderlecht wont play in case he gets a permit and comes back-they want him to stay with them next season.

Such a shame and I would hope we still try under the exceptional rule but if Anderlecht have done this purposely, then we should loan him somewhere else next season.

Onyekuru Update
Anderlecht boss Hein Vanhaezebrouck has conceded that Henry Onyekuru might not feature for the Belgian side again this season.

The forward, who picked up a serious knee injury back in December, has been included in recent first-team squads but has not been introduced to the playing field.

When asked about his chances of featuring in the final three games of the season - beginning with Standard Liege tomorrow - Vanhaezebrouck said:

Playing for Anderlecht may not be feasible this season, but being fit for the World Cup is possible. That also applies to Onyekuru.

Onyekuru has made one appearance for Nigeria but hoped his good form earlier in the season for Anderlecht would have left him in the thinking of Super Eagles boss Salisu Yusuf.

Couldn't find another thread for him but it doesn't look like he will be back next year as he hasn't been included in Nigeria's provisional WC squad so won't get the games required for a permit.

Belgian press saying he's not fit but Nigerian reports are saying he is and Anderlecht wont play in case he gets a permit and comes back-they want him to stay with them next season.

Such a shame and I would hope we still try under the exceptional rule but if Anderlecht have done this purposely, then we should loan him somewhere else next season.
Yeah we should loan him somewhere else if that is the case. Cockwombles the lot of them

Pretty sure we need to keep him in Belgium anyway to become available for an EU passport through living in the country for so long so even if they did it's still beneficial to us long term to keep him with Anderlecht.

Was always a doubt he would make the world cup with the injury he had, i just personally hope us choosing not to operate on the knee won't be a bad decision in the long run because if it gives in that will be him out for a year minimum.

The WC point is moot if he gets his Belgian passport, which you allegedly can after 2 years, which he now has.

Going to Borussia Monchengladbach for the coming season. Can’t see us ever getting a permit for him if I’m honest.

Are they a step up from anderlecht? It would probably make the reports about them not playing him to avoid a permit true as I can imagine neither us nor onyekuru would have been happy about anderlecht doing that. Properly backfired.

Will be playing in a much more competitive league I suppose, he better be here next summer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.