He returns...perhaps, maybe, actually no he definitely won't

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a manager we need, not some red-haired Scottish defeatist who'd insist on 4-5-1 at home to the Galapagos Islands' under-17 ladies team.

You're going to dismiss it but my judgement of Lee was not based on his goal against the RS. If that was the case I'd be asking for Cadamarteri back FFS.

I hate to admit this but after one season a while back I did up an Excel sheet on all the players and assigned points to all kinds of things, from playing the full 90 to number of cards, assists, goals and matches played...you name it. You have one guess as to who came out on top.

Lee was never a world-beater or anything of the sort. You can name more things that Lee didn't have than did but he was a rock for us when we needed one most and I have nothing but respect for the man on and off the pitch.

Hey were all entitled to our opinions.

I actually thought Lee did well in a team where craft was not required. As soon as we were looking to make that step up I felt he was the weakest link.

When we needed composure to feed the ball through midfield, or someone to chase back, I thought against the better opposition he was left wanting.

Maybe 10 years ago it would have been different.

I've been massively critical of him but I'd have him back on loan in a heartbeat.

We are desperate for someone who can put his foot on the ball like him and pass it about until Arteta gets back mate.

He's a snide but we need him. Deeply gutted that Banega didnt come off, he looks outstanding.

I've been massively critical of him but I'd have him back on loan in a heartbeat.

Same here. By no means a member of the Manny lovefest that was going on the couple of times he was here before, but he's got (occasional) skills, he's played here before, he's (apparently) available and he's breathing.

Robert Elstone has rubbished reports that Everton are looking to bring either Manuel Fernandes or Jose Reyes to Goodison Park for the rest of this season.

Former Everton loanee Fernandes' agent has claimed Everton are interested in a six month loan deal for the Portuguese midfielder, but Elstone insists this is not the case. He also stated that Reyes' name had not been mentioned by the manager.

He said: “The manager is certainly looking to bring in one or two more players in January, but they are two names which have not been mentioned.”

Status
Not open for further replies.