Have you ever seen Everton lift a trophy?

Were u a living thing when we won a trophy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in 76 so old enough to remember the great times the club had in the 80s. Feel sorry for our younger fans who've not seen this club do a tap.

You've got to be at least 30 to be able to remember us lifting silverware which is ludicrous for a club of this stature. Unfortunately I can see this drought stretching to 30 years and beyond, hope I'm well wrong like.

I think it's more the elation of the day rather than the game itself,Norwich in particular was a fantastic day out,a wonderful journey home on a coach full of elated Blues! For pure emotion,nothing will beat the Watford cup final for me so I'm with you on that one,it was the first trophy that Blues of my generation had seen us lift. I just hope that the younger Blues of today get to experience the same feeling as we did - whoever the manager might be.
Imagine being an Arsenal fan when they won at Anfield in 89 or City when they won via the Aguero goal.

Imagine being an Arsenal fan when they won at Anfield in 89 or City when they won via the Aguero goal.
Like a Cup Final and title win in one game. I think I would thinking about it be more excited winning the league in those scenarios than winning the cup

4 League titles, 3 FA Cups, I European title and I was there at both legs of the Liverpool Floodlight Cup - I think it was
called - when we beat Liverpool in about 1958 or 59, both played with packed out grounds.

I can guarantee I'm a lot younger than most on this forum, and have romantic dreams of the Moyes era. Says a lot about the club really.

My great grandma lived in Tuebrook and said she hated Saturday evenings over dinner when the men argued over the reds and the blues. That was the early rivalry in the 1890s. Nothing much has changed and it never should.

I can guarantee I'm a lot younger than most on this forum, and have romantic dreams of the Moyes era. Says a lot about the club really.

Moyes is part of the problem, In his early days 100% he was hamstrung and we had to fight to stay in games against the top teams and he did well on a shoestring to get a decent team. However he still had the same mindset when we had players that could compete. That mentality still exists.

'62-'63 League win as a 12 year-old. (with Roy Vernon and Alex Young knocking in 42 of the total of 84 goals scored).
'66 FA Cup aged 15 in the scoreboard end.
So, saw us pick up the two main domestic trophies before my 16th nirthday.

Everything else since then.

Won the league in my first season going to the match 1962-1963 and I have been lucky enough to see some great teams winning loads of pots. Unfortunately I don't believe I will be lucky enough to see us win anything else.

Still I was there for the glory years, it's the younger fans I feel for. I wonder will they ever see us win things.

Born in 1962 don't remember 1966 cup win but cried me eyes out 1968 FA cup defeat, been every cup final since Villa '77 so been very fortunate. Not sure if i'll see a trophy again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.