Homepage Update: Have We Returned to Sell to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our squad is bloated so yes some have to be moved on before we recruit more players, that is not sell to buy but to make room.

It's not ya Kenwright Moyes sell to buy so no, we haven't returned to a sell to buy model - at least in the sense that there will be no signings until we sell our good players.

We are selling our ineffective players to buy, hopefully, much more effective players - both on the pitch and on the wage books.

I don't think it's all that hard to grasp really.

There are 3 paradigms available to a club wanting a squad refresh
1 Buybuy Buy ==== squad size increases ….wages increase....dressing room has no locker for Oumar….manager loses control of squad because its too big to handle all the personalities rightly demanding game time.
fans heads wobble and panic ensues. Club looks stupid
2 Sell to buy...put this way it is easy to construe us as broke. I very much doubt that but two prudent men now have pivotal places in our club Moshiri (yes he IS prudent that's whey he sought out and got us Brands) Brands the epitome of making a club great by building on its core values developing youth spending when he needs selling IF he wants and developing young managers…..so I want to rename this as …...buy to sell
2a buy to sell buy good quality players with an eye on filling space from the academy when it merits.
Buy to sell is the sign of a club working towards improving the club squad and its overall structure under control rather than a the panic ridden implications of the original version 2.
There IS NO PANIC .

Perspective is everything I expect to be vaulted as 2 and 2a are exactly the same unless you WANT to think it through

Status
Not open for further replies.