Homepage Update: Have We Returned to Sell to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gutted that we are thinking about selling anyone, shows the small time mentality, all the bestest clubs never sell anyone and you need 100+ players to win the league. Oh wait....

Pretty sure it's not sell to buy, it's sell to clear the dross. Think of the squad as a toilet - I don't need to flush the bog in order to eat more, but I keep on flushing anyway to clear all the crap out. Pretty sure I recognized a Morgan floating around in there the other morning :Blink:

But can we sell? As said numerous times, we have some bad players on very high wages. Who would buy these players and give them the same salary that they would demand? The answer is not many?

I am gutted that we are thinking about selling anyone, shows the small time mentality, all the bestest clubs never sell anyone and you need 100+ players to win the league. Oh wait....

Pretty sure it's not sell to buy, it's sell to clear the dross. Think of the squad as a toilet - I don't need to flush the bog in order to eat more, but I keep on flushing anyway to clear all the crap out. Pretty sure I recognized a Morgan floating around in there the other morning :Blink:
Brilliant analogy

We have but not in a money sense I don't think. It's more a case of we have so many players that we can't make the squad bigger and manage it so people have to go first

We have but not in a money sense I don't think. It's more a case of we have so many players that we can't make the squad bigger and manage it so people have to go first
Yeah.

I think we'll spend more in the transfer market this summer than we will bring in from player sales. so in that sense we are not technically sell to buy.

But we do have a huge squad and a lot of it consists of players who are not good enough, both young and old, and on very decent wages when compared to their abilities. So we definitely need to lose a large number of players to free up space in both the squad and the wage bill. Realistically as many as 15 need to go, but about 10 these are nowhere near the first team so wouldn't even be missed.

If Brands can manage this whilst bringing in 4/5 of the quality that has been mentioned, then he'll have worked wonders.

Numbers.

It is incredibly difficult to put on a session for 38 lads; let alone keep it competitive.

The training will either suffer, or some players won’t be getting an adequate workout. If that continues for too long, they will deteriorate.

Can’t drop them down to the U23’s because that blocks a development pathway for a possible future talent.

Simple solution: sell the players who will never be good enough.

Is it Sell to Buy? Not sure. But does that really matter? The context in this instance is to simply improve the running of the football club, both on and off the pitch.

even the liv hav to sell to buy...

we need to ship out at least 10 players so that we can bring in 3 of much better quality

When your kids room is full of old and broken, useless toys, you should eBay a few good ones and take the rest to the skip before you buy new shiny better ones.

Life lesson there, free of charge.

This is more like sell to sell. We’re not looking to sell because we need the money, although the extra money and the savings on wages will be nice. If we were sell to buy we would be offering up the good players.

I think this is also why that stupid Pickford story started, someone thought “sell to buy” and figured we would take offers on our most saleable asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.