Has the real Everton finally stood up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffeeslam

Player Valuation: £35m
After a good performance yesterday I expect us to kick on from here provided that we match that effort and intensity. What worries me is that this is a one off and we get piss performances again.

But for now COYB !!!!!

That sort of whole hearted performance is what we have grown to except from an Everton side, it's the first time it's been there this season it's up to Ron and the players to ensure it continues,though couple that with skill,ability and attacking enterprise and that is when we would have something special.

If yesterday is the real Ev, the you've gotta question why we haven't the past ten games or whatever, what changed last night now we could be bothered to perform?

Either way, they do the same next week and it'll go a long way to me forgiving the sh!te we've seen served up before yesterday that's for sure

Thanks terry

two days ago people were calling 2 massive 5-0 losses. we'll probably win a bunch then lose to teams like boro and hull as per the usual cycle. happy to be proven wrong though

If yesterday is the real Ev, the you've gotta question why we haven't the past ten games or whatever, what changed last night now we could be bothered to perform?

Either way, they do the same next week and it'll go a long way to me forgiving the sh!te we've seen served up before yesterday that's for sure

Thanks terry
Please stop swearing.

Your first paragraph is a good point.

The fact that we performed like that proves one thing to me. Koeman defo hasn't lost the dressing room.

I will reiterate the point I made in the transfer thread though. We don't need wholesale changes. A couple of players with the right character who will instill that kind of spirit in the team from the kick off, whether we're playing Arsenal under the floodlights at Goodison or away to Hull in an early kickoff on a Sunday.

The fact that we performed like that proves one thing to me. Koeman defo hasn't lost the dressing room.

I will reiterate the point I made in the transfer thread though. We don't need wholesale changes. A couple of players with the right character who will instill that kind of spirit in the team from the kick off, whether we're playing Arsenal under the floodlights at Goodison or away to Hull in an early kickoff on a Sunday.

I keep saying this, everybody is like, we need a new GK, we need 2 new fullbacks, we need a CB, we need 2 wingers, no, we just need 2 or 3 players in the spine of the team, CM, ACM and ST, the rest will "do".

If yesterday is the real Ev, the you've gotta question why we haven't the past ten games or whatever, what changed last night now we could be bothered to perform?Apart from "Ev" I agree with everything you said there TerrY.

Thanks terry

I'm not saying you are wrong mate. But I will refer you to the second half of the semi against Utd. Sometimes the players own pride takes over. Lets see what happens over the next few matches.

Hope you're right by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.