2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devastated he put that 'performance' in, as it pretty much ends any chance we'd recoup our losses on him this summer and he'll in all likelihood continue to hang around like a bad smell now.

Just got to hope he offers something next season rather than the nothing he offered for the vast majority of the last.

Devastated he put that 'performance' in, as it pretty much ends any chance we'd recoup our losses on him this summer and he'll in all likelihood continue to hang around like a bad smell now.

Just got to hope he offers something next season rather than the nothing he offered for the vast majority of the last.

We were never going to recoup it anyway. No one outside the top 6 could afford that amount of money on one player, and no one in the top 6 wants or has any need for him. Neither does any top foreign team. I could maybe see someone like AC Milan as the only realistic club that might want him AND be willing to pay £45m.

He'll have (and has had) much better games for both us and Iceland.

He looked leggy, as did the entire Iceland side by the 60th minute. Chasing shadows in the first half in 28 degrees won't have helped.

It also showed he can't play as a deeper player in a 4-4-2. In a 4-3-3, with a sitter behind, it'd be fine, but there's too much space in a 4-4-2 and he ended up far too deep.

Yeah, it pretty dumb to have him that far back chasing the whole time. He's not going to win balls and honestly, he's NEVER played like that. It's silly to expect him to be able to do so.

I am absolutely convinced that loon is currently compiling tons of You Tube clips proving that the pen miss was the best pen miss in the whole wide world, ever.

And deffo not Gylfis fault.
Can we have one of him back, just for the last Iceland game please ?

He'll have (and has had) much better games for both us and Iceland.

He looked leggy, as did the entire Iceland side by the 60th minute. Chasing shadows in the first half in 28 degrees won't have helped.

It also showed he can't play as a deeper player in a 4-4-2. In a 4-3-3, with a sitter behind, it'd be fine, but there's too much space in a 4-4-2 and he ended up far too deep.

Toff, the more you try and defend him the more you prove the point he’s not good. So far you’ve said:
- he can’t play on the left
- he’s not the type of player who controls the flow of the game
- he can’t play in 442 or deeper in a team

Literally we have to build the team around him and hope and pray that all the pieces fall into place for him to be productive

Got to get behind him lads. He didnt charge 45 million for himself and he's a blue. I'm a fan so yes, biased, but he can do a job certainly for us.

Watched the second half, he looked out of it to me didn't even look confident for the pen, like you'd see in a penalty shoot out. Smile Gylfi we no longer have Koeman or Allardyce things are looking up.

We were never going to recoup it anyway. No one outside the top 6 could afford that amount of money on one player, and no one in the top 6 wants or has any need for him. Neither does any top foreign team. I could maybe see someone like AC Milan as the only realistic club that might want him AND be willing to pay £45m.

I meant recoup a sizeable chunk of it like £25-30m, but I think even that boat has sailed now - nobody in their right mind would pay that for him.

Unless Steve Walsh gets a job somewhere in the next week of course.

Toff, the more you try and defend him the more you prove the point he’s not good. So far you’ve said:
- he can’t play on the left
- he’s not the type of player who controls the flow of the game
- he can’t play in 442 or deeper in a team

Literally we have to build the team around him and hope and pray that all the pieces fall into place for him to be productive

I haven't said he can't play on the left. I think he can. I think his best position is the 10, but he can play on the left (and if he'd had had someone better than Martina behind him for the majority of the season, it would have helped), or he'd fit in a 4-3-3 as one of the more advanced midfielders.

He isn't the type of player to control games. I don't know why people expected him to do that. He's much more akin to Dele Alli than he is an actual playmaker. Doesn't mean he's not creative.

And no, we don't have to build a team around him. He's a player who can slot in.

He played badly today, still created some really good chances in the first half.

You refuse to see any quality, and it's purely because of a fee that had nothing to do with him.

We overpaid, but he's a good player who improves us when he plays.

I haven't said he can't play on the left. I think he can. I think his best position is the 10, but he can play on the left (and if he'd had had someone better than Martina behind him for the majority of the season, it would have helped), or he'd fit in a 4-3-3 as one of the more advanced midfielders.

He isn't the type of player to control games. I don't know why people expected him to do that. He's much more akin to Dele Alli than he is an actual playmaker. Doesn't mean he's not creative.

And no, we don't have to build a team around him. He's a player who can slot in.

He played badly today, still created some really good chances in the first half.

You refuse to see any quality, and it's purely because of a fee that had nothing to do with him.

We overpaid, but he's a good player who improves us when he plays.

Wrong

Go back to when he was at Swansea and I said exactly the same. He hides when it gets tough and does the very minimal in 90 minutes

He’s beyond overrated

And saying he improves us, behave. He adds nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.