2020/21 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Toffe3m4n

Player Valuation: £70m
I don’t think there is anyone who thinks he can’t play, he just won’t play 80% of the time.
He plays 4 or 5 poor games in a row and then steps up with a performance like Friday night, this ensures his place in the team and then he goes back to letting games go on around him.
He isn’t what we need, he is a major part of one of our problems.
I mean... he isn't? that's way over the top...

Caolam

Player Valuation: £50m
I mean... he isn't? that's way over the top...
The reason I say he is a major part of one of our problems is that we are inconsistent and cannot be relied on to turn up and put in a performance, Siggy epitomes this type of inconsistency. We need every player on the team to be influencing games week in week out.

PaddyJames

Player Valuation: £8m
I love it when he rams my jibes right down my throat. My missus has asked if I can call them all the "c word" before the Arsenal game. I can't bring myself to do it with James though.

evertony

Player Valuation: £60m
The reason I say he is a major part of one of our problems is that we are inconsistent and cannot be relied on to turn up and put in a performance, Siggy epitomes this type of inconsistency. We need every player on the team to be influencing games week in week out.
There’s plenty who are more of a problem than Gylfi in the letting us down stakes, and the whole team bar one or two have been wholly inconsistent. If you were to ask James and Richarlison who they value most in the side I think he’d say Sigurdsson as he’s the only one technically able to compliment their play.

Caolam

There’s plenty who are more of a problem than Gylfi in the letting us down stakes, and the whole team bar one or two have been wholly inconsistent. If you were to ask James and Richarlison who they value most in the side I think he’d say Sigurdsson as he’s the only one technically able to compliment their play.
I think that if I were to ask James or Richarlison who they most value in the side they would say “who are you and why are you talking to me”.

Carlito

He looks better combining with Rodriguez because everyone looks better combining with Rodriguez, eg Doucoure getting an assist vs United from a cutback that none of the other players would have been able to control and hit before being closed down.

stevie blott

Player Valuation: £225k
Ha he played well for his traditional "one game in 10 at best" did he?

Standard.

Lets see how he is next game eh? And the game after that. And so on.
Siggy plays well when we are on it, snapping quick attacking play. He is not the player who can change a game on his own. It is after all a team game. When Everton are poor, Siggy is poor

stevie blott

Player Valuation: £225k
He's the playmaker. A number 10. He's meant to make play. That's his role.

If he relies on others to make him play, he's objectively useless.
Then we were the daft ones for buying him for that role... Its never what his strengths were. He's a link up player who scores great goals... Dunno where we would be this season without him and his assists assists and goals bth. He's just become the new Osman, Another player who helped us immeasurably and got zero credit. Another player I liked a lot too.

StateSideToffee

Player Valuation: £1m
Then we were the daft ones for buying him for that role... Its never what his strengths were. He's a link up player who scores great goals... Dunno where we would be this season without him and his assists assists and goals bth. He's just become the new Osman, Another player who helped us immeasurably and got zero credit. Another player I liked a lot too.
I think this is a spot on assessment.

I have aimed my fair share of discontent and frustration at Gylfi here on the forum; however, it has been because I have always seen him in the creative role and his tendency to hide behind his marker rather than presenting for the pass is the antithesis of what a creative player should be doing.

Viewing him more as a flair link-up footballer who can bang in the occasional world class goal helps me to manage my expectations of him better.

With that said, we really only have room in the squad for a flair player when both Doucoure & Allan are healthy and in the squad, and we pay Gylfi an awful large amount to be a flair player most suited for a run-out from the bench when chasing a goal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks