2020/21 Gylfi Sigurdsson

messymascot

Player Valuation: £25m
I know he scored twice last night but I still think he brings very little overall to the team. As a sub after 65 minutes I can see his merits but his goals were a penalty and a flash of brilliance that is that rare from him I can't remember the last time he produced anything like that. James produces moments like that far more often. Sigurdsson also appears to like playing against Spurs for some reason.

Martin Alvito

Player Valuation: £10m
I know he scored twice last night but I still think he brings very little overall to the team. As a sub after 65 minutes I can see his merits but his goals were a penalty and a flash of brilliance that is that rare from him I can't remember the last time he produced anything like that. James produces moments like that far more often. Sigurdsson also appears to like playing against Spurs for some reason.

I tend to think this is his proper usage in a complete squad - bring him on with fresh legs when the opposing attack and defense have lost some speed to fatigue.

Given that the transfer fee is a sunk cost, running down the contract for that benefit is worth the wages. You could probably even talk me into a one year extension, as we'll likely still have other priorities in the summer after this one.

I wouldn't go any further.

messymascot

Player Valuation: £25m
I tend to think this is his proper usage in a complete squad - bring him on with fresh legs when the opposing attack and defense have lost some speed to fatigue.

Given that the transfer fee is a sunk cost, running down the contract for that benefit is worth the wages. You could probably even talk me into a one year extension, as we'll likely still have other priorities in the summer after this one.

I wouldn't go any further.

I would actually let his contract run out and then negotiate. In a years time he might be even less useful but for the rest of this season and next he still has something to offer. Play him in the games where James needs a rest.

Steve Wigan

Player Valuation: £50m
The self styled 'football experts' on here(you know who you are) will have it in for Siggy regardless. Someone posted before the game 'Siggy and James in the team..we lose'. What utter tosh. James will play better and gets less frustrated with better(that is brainy) players around him. Siggy and Allan are intelligent players. Siggys style is laconic...so was Zidanes style. Why is it that when he consistently looks to put himself into space people say he is 'avoiding getting involved'? James appreciates that Siggy is brilliant a continually making himself available for a pass. If half our team knew how to pass the ball to our own players Siggy would shine every week. James and Ancellotti see what he does, but not the haters on here, who quite frankly know nothing. Another thing, Coleman came on and immediately did what Ancelloti had wanted Iwobi to do all night...get to the byline and cross the ball. Iwobi consistently lost the ball by turning inside and trying to beat defenders umpteen time. Coleman got it right. Thats the difference between Iwobi and a proper footballer. A little praise for Tom Davies as well...a hard working performance and he's growing into Prem football. The Ancellotti influence is abvious, as it is with DCL.

Last edited:

everton1953

Player Valuation: £35m
Excellent game. May there be a few more like it in the future. His display must have boosted his self confidence. He has been in a poor form rut for many months.

Carlito

Player Valuation: £50m
Second was a great finish, to be fair to him.

Seems to do alright in games where the other team also tends to concede midfield.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks