2020/21 Gylfi Sigurdsson

ZissouBlue

Player Valuation: £500k
This season has been an enormous response from. He still has moments of absolute dog turd that make me want him gone so badly, but honestly we would have been worse off without him. James is injury prone and nobody else in the club is capable of doing what Gylfi did tonight. Obviously should be jumping on the corners, but he also should not be covering one of the team's center backs. That turn and chip to Bernard was sublime and delivered the win.

blulouie

Player Valuation: £70m
Rodriguez has upped his game. Her his definitely not a holding midfield, he can defend better from the front because it requires less discipline. I have been his biggest critic but he played some great stuff tonight and looked sharp.
Pretty much this.

Defending was never his forte , Carlo see's this and plays him at the tip of the diamond where he can be quite brilliant ( as we seen tonight and the last 3 games ) thats why Carlo is a real top manager.

Sheedy's right knee.

Player Valuation: £8m
Some of his touches and passes in the lead up to our goals, we'd be lauding Rodriguez for. Great match.

I really don't understand why he was on Sanchez oncorners? In one of their goals Mina is marking no one a foot away.
I would have been waxing lyrical about Hames if he would played the passes Gylfi did tonight. Gylfi, shown in hat he is capable of. I have absolutely pilloried him but he played Suberb tonight. He’s probably should have stayed on the line for Sanchez 1st goal as he was never going to win the header. We had bigger lads in there to deal with that.

Cels

Player Valuation: £40m
Useless, lazy, invisible waste of money, can't wait until we get rid... sorry, I thought it was still the 19/20 season for a moment.

It's great to see Gylfi Sigurdsson stepping up and doing the business for us. What was it in the Spurs game? Three assists and a goal? He put in a really decent shift yesterday, long may it continue.

Bullens Rd

Player Valuation: £35m
Some of his touches and passes in the lead up to our goals, we'd be lauding Rodriguez for. Great match.

I really don't understand why he was on Sanchez oncorners? In one of their goals Mina is marking no one a foot away.
I have no idea what the plan was on corners. Well, maybe I do, but I have no idea how they ever expected it to work.

Although he's the same height as Sanchez (1cm smaller only) was was seemingly told to ignore the ball (literally turn his back on it!) and wait to see if it appears near him in the area, then react.

The first time it didn't work because Sanchez got the jump on him, the second time he gave him far too much space.

Needless to say I don't think they will try that experiment again!

We had plenty of players there much more known for heading the ball... Keane, Mina, Godfrey, DCL, Richarlison - they need to be on the strikers and centre halves up for the corners.

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £70m

Mina is zonal. All of our good headers play zones. I haven't gone back and watched all the goals but the first one I know was DCL who didn't get it clear. He just didn't challenge for it in front of Sanchez.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks