2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Sig, I believe you, no hard feelings mate.

Not on the Stella yet my friend, but hope to be as soon as the new midfield is announced, and we see the back of some of the frauds stinking the gaff out.
It’s ok, no hard feelings here.

imagine being enough of a prick to start leaving anonymous neg rep though! I think Mike has issues.

we disagree on Davies and Gylfi, but hopefully next season neither will be seeing any game time.

@Thomasc

If your gonna neg rep people mate, at least have the balls to own it and don't post anonymously, or your as big a shithouse as your favourite player the Icelandic crab.

@MarcelsGoat this is your kind of freak behaviour, stop being a [Poor language removed] house mate and own up for the good of the forum.

On topic, no club is surely stupid enough to pay 100k for siggy after watching him last season?

If he doesn't leave this summer, at least we can say he will now only ever be played (if he is) in his best position as a second striker.

I'm surprising myself with this shout, but with a proper midfield behind him Sigurdsson might actually be relatively effective playing behind two strikers. He can pass a ball, whip a cross and is a goal threat, just don't expect him to do much else.

I'd ship Delph a lot quicker than this fella.

I'm surprising myself with this shout, but with a proper midfield behind him Sigurdsson might actually be relatively effective playing behind two strikers. He can pass a ball, whip a cross and is a goal threat, just don't expect him to do much else.

We will need to bring pace into the team and Sigurdsson doesn't offer that.
Allan, Doucoure, James all bring different attributes to the team and none of them are slow but we need real pace and they don't offer that... Walcott level of pace , or maybe Gordon.
I don't think we can only count on Richarlison .

Precisely this.

He has never once taken responsibility. He flits in and out of games, mostly out, with some of the laziest, half hearted flicks and over hit passes in a manner that screams "I do not want this ball, stop giving it to me", only further exacerbated by his incessant pointing and lack of movement to make space for himself or others.

I've said it before, anyone who had scored even a couple of the goals he has scored and is capable of, 40 yard volleys, screamers in off the bar, and even an Anfield Derby goal to boot, SHOULD be a hero at this point. The fact he isn't shows how disgustingly inept the rest of his game has been while he's been here.

And the worst part is, he doesn't even seem to be remotely embarrassed by it either.

Utter coward.

This is very true. The fact he scored the Magic 13 last season and is STILL hated by the majority of the fanbase says a lot about what he’s actually contributed in his time here when you actually take a step back and look beyond numbers on Wikipedia. We bought him to be a match winner and he has “won” us about 4 games.

Quite simply the most disappointing signing we’ve ever made, and has a thoroughly unlikeable attitude to go along with it.

sooner sig,delph,walcott,bollasie,ramirez to name but 5 are gone,the better!

Status
Not open for further replies.