2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest problems were through the middle last night, th e pace that Villa attacked and our snail pace through the middle. Gomes and Schneiderlin are not a good pairing, too slow and similar although at least Gomes can pass forward. If it were me I would have replaced Schneiderlin with Iwobi, at least then we would have had pace and drive in midfield. Kean should have replaced an out of sorts DCL.
But the two chances missed last night were criminal, total lack of composure.

Other than the two key passes and helping actually break through the counter press...

...look, that's just lazy analysis. He played in a different position today than he had the last two matches.

He was literally the only one creating anything, so that's not a luxury.

And he doesn't have to dictate anything. That's not a requirement of a 10 or whatever, that's a style that you clearly like. I like the fact that he was successful with most of his passes, dribbled a couple times successfully, and set up a couple good chances to score that others blew.

If he was the only one literally creating anything, then why did Silva hook him after 60 minutes? Surely when you’re chasing a game you don’t bring off the player who was literally the only one creating anything.

If he was the only one literally creating anything, then why did Silva hook him after 60 minutes? Surely when you’re chasing a game you don’t bring off the player who was literally the only one creating anything.
Has to be wearing rose coloured glasses on yesterday's game to be sure. On his day can change the score line. Three games in and not a whimper. At the moment we are handicapped.

You have to say it how it is and apart from missing a half volley from 8 yards the bloke hasn’t turned up. I want a player at number 10 who will take the game by the scruff of the neck every time.

Because this guy is a troll and pretends stats are everything like we are playing Top Trumps.
If what I’m seeing lines up with the objective numbers, I’m probably right. But it’s not about the stats. My guess is you had no idea how Silva set up the team. Probably haven’t seen Villa play. Probably could even understand the tactics in the game if you watched it 100 times. Probably don’t even understand the stats if they were in your face. Probably never read a tactical book. Probably never took a coaching course. It’s about understanding the game and most that don’t would rather sit behind their computers and take cheap shots. Probably would never say what they say on a message board to anyone in person.

If what I’m seeing lines up with the objective numbers, I’m probably right. But it’s not about the stats. My guess is you had no idea how Silva set up the team. Probably haven’t seen Villa play. Probably could even understand the tactics in the game if you watched it 100 times. Probably don’t even understand the stats if they were in your face. Probably never read a tactical book. Probably never took a coaching course. It’s about understanding the game and most that don’t would rather sit behind their computers and take cheap shots. Probably would never say what they say on a message board to anyone in person.

You strapped fam?

This is the strangest penis measuring contest / straightener offer I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.