2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the ball over the top to Coleman yesterday I didn’t even know he was playing. He doesn’t do anything when he’s not on the ball, never see him making runs, making himself available for the ball, tracking back to help out, closing down. Pure tosh. Bench him.

For some reason we think that we can carry slow midfielders in the quickest most physical league in the world. Whilst the top teams are targeting midfielders with pace and power we go and buy ones with no pace and what’s even worse is we actually worship some of them! We spent good money on Barry, Klaassen, Siggurdson, Schneiderlin and not one of them has got any pace whatsoever. We’ve done it in other positions too with Tosun Keane etc.

No other team in the league would indulge a player as poor as Siggurdson. Arsenal stopped doing it for Ozil who is leagues above this fraud. Even Klopp wouldn’t do it for Coutinho. Yet Everton and some of its fans have this preoccupation with building teams and customising tactics to suit these one paced slow midfielders. No other team in the league does this.

No Sector 14 talk please.

I think almost all of his successful passes into the box are set plays which isn't great. Also four of the five chances created are from set plays. Digne can also take free kicks and corners so I'm not sure we need a #10 who doesn't do any real link up play and isn't creating anything except from dead ball situations.

I think almost all of his successful passes into the box are set plays which isn't great. Also four of the five chances created are from set plays. Digne can also take free kicks and corners so I'm not sure we need a #10 who doesn't do any real link up play and isn't creating anything except from dead ball situations.

Basically, he’s crap and always has been

Status
Not open for further replies.