2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a club came in offering him CL football we would have little say in the matter, all players want to play in the CL at the end of the day. Given how teams scout players you think they would be all over him given his stats, and they are impressive, i have seen the full wyscout analysis in work, yet nobody is knocking at the door for him and i don't see them doing so in the summer.

His tactical inflexibility is the issue, he fits 1 system.

Frustrating player because as soon as you write him off, he becomes that player who can "always pull something out of nothing". Not sure what happens to him but I bet he goes abroad

I like siggy but am starting to realise what he is. He is a very good technical player that can produce 8-10 games a season where he produces bits of class or magic that get points. His consistency is the problem , he can produce enough to make a massive difference to a team that is looking to stay up but can’t produce enough for a team that wants to be top 4-6. A team like Cardiff , saints etc sould spend big on him and pay his big wages as he nearly guarantees you will stay up and pocket the 150m or whatever it is by not going down. He can’t , it seems , produce enough performances to change a 7-10th place team into the next level up. Part of me still wants to believe that with better players around him he can produce more consistently but he’s getting older now and has maybe another 2 seasons before he starts to deteriorate, that fact that I can’t see us being at the top 6 level within that time leaves me thinking that maybe we should try to get a return on our investment by letting him go.

No big club ever? He turned down Liverpool and signed for Spurs instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.