2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wasn’t anyone interested in him at Swansea? Decent clubs I mean, not Opta Ronald and WhoScored Steve.
You know everyone was saying the same about Gueye before PSG came for him. No one outside clubs know probably 90% of what inquiries actually come in for a player.
Oh, and now that Gueye is proven to be wanted by top clubs the haters are saying “Bet it doesn’t happen again.”

Because he was at Swansea so if any big club wanted him, they’d have got him. There wasn’t even a vague rumour about a big club wanting him. Can you please explain that to me?
No. Most clubs just likely weren’t willing to pay Swans price even if there was interest.
Gana is at Everton. If a big club wants him they’d have got him. Cough.

No. Most clubs just likely weren’t willing to pay Swans price even if there was interest.
Gana is at Everton. If a bug club wants him they’d have got him. Cough.

Mate, come on. You’d have heard something given how these clubs “leak” information to unsettle a player they want. We chased Sigurdsson for 6 weeks. If he’s as good as some of our fans want to believe, why hasn’t he been chased by a top club ever?

Mate, come on. You’d have heard something given how these clubs “leak” information to unsettle a player they want. We chased Sigurdsson for 6 weeks. If he’s as good as some of our fans want to believe, why hasn’t he been chased by a top club ever?
I’m just going to redirect to the literal situation that just happened with Gana when the people that didn’t rate him had the same argument you do now.
And you do realize probably 90% of rumors are completely made up by media right? Guessing we very rarely hear anything true until the wheels are pretty far down the track. No way most inquiries get reported.

Here’s the thing - I’m happy that he scored twice and won us the game, just as I was the other couple of times he’s done it this season. I said after loads of games earlier this season I was desperate for him to prove me wrong, because all of us non-weirdos care more about Everton being good than being right on the internet.

The thing is, when he has a good game and then people come on here trying to buzz off everyone that’s criticised his dismal form since October, as if none of it ever happened and make out we’ve all been made to look stupid all along. We haven’t. If he’d been boss all season we’d hold our hands up and be happy to say we were wrong, like we were saying after the Leicester game we wanted to do. We’d have absolutely no reason not to.

Gana is at Everton. If a big club wants him they’d have got him. Cough.
That shout doesn't suit @mikeh72 agenda tho.

I'm just pointing facts out.

Without gylfi in this team, and with us not being able to replace him because of financial restraints I don't see who replaces him.

Please do not suggest Lookman. Who has manged a handful of games under several different Everton managers

Here’s the thing - I’m happy that he scored twice and won us the game, just as I was the other couple of times he’s done it this season. I said after loads of games earlier this season I was desperate for him to prove me wrong, because all of us non-weirdos care more about Everton being good than being right on the internet.

The thing is, when he has a good game and then people come on here trying to buzz off everyone that’s criticised his dismal form since October, as if none of it ever happened and make out we’ve all been made to look stupid all along. We haven’t. If he’d been boss all season we’d hold our hands up and be happy to say we were wrong, like we were saying after the Leicester game we wanted to do. We’d have absolutely no reason not to.
The problem with what you’re saying is on the whole he’s still been one of our better players this season. He’s not been perfect but the fact that he seems to take more criticism than most doesn’t fit with the idea that the internet warriors care more about the club winning than they do being right. Same with Gana. Those two and Digne have been our top 3 performers all season yet so many complain about them when they could be complaining about anyone else. With Sig, I maintain it’s all about the price paid despite that not being his fault.

errr, cos hes not for sale. why would we want to sell our best player when he is keeping us up single handedly.
If a club came in offering him CL football we would have little say in the matter, all players want to play in the CL at the end of the day. Given how teams scout players you think they would be all over him given his stats, and they are impressive, i have seen the full wyscout analysis in work, yet nobody is knocking at the door for him and i don't see them doing so in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.