2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep he's been far too slow in releasing the ball and also his passes have had no pace on them.

He's had 3 piss poor games on the spin so imo someone else should be given a game

Looks knackered, start Lookman on the left, Bernard central and Richy up top with Walcott on the right, Davies for Gueye if he's not fit next weekend. Bring sigurdsson and dcl on at the hour mark if needed.

Looks knackered, start Lookman on the left, Bernard central and Richy up top with Walcott on the right, Davies for Gueye if he's not fit next weekend. Bring sigurdsson and dcl on at the hour mark if needed.

I agree with this, apart from DCL for Lookman mate. Richarlinson looks happier off the left for now, DCL gives us another option up top and Lookman looks much happier off the bench. I'd stick with that.

Do think it was a mistake playing him where he did today.

His best moments came in the 10 position. But if we aren't playing a 10, there was no shame in him dropping out.

Looks knackered? He couldn't track back if he was asked to.

When was the last gasp tackle he made to change a game?

When was his last commanding midfield domination of at least Goodison Park?

When was the last penalty kick he scored...???

Looks knackered? He couldn't track back if he was asked to.

When was the last gasp tackle he made to change a game?

When was his last commanding midfield domination of at least Goodison Park?

When was the last penalty kick he scored...???

Why would you sign up to slate all our players? Just weird.

We played a second striker in holding midfield. He should never have started, and it wouldn't even have been a case of him being dropped. Davies or even bloody Schneiderlin would have been a better option. It was a mistake by Silva and his selection panel.

e: And no Bernard nor Lookman should have started in his position. That would have been even more fair dinkum jiffy wackspacko.

I think when he isn't producing he needs benched. He just doesn't offer enough in his all round game to warrant starting every match. Try Bernard or Richarlison behind a striker.

If we were looking long term then hed be offered to the clubs struggling near the bottom.

Have a word with Palace and Fulham...

Give it a rest Mr Zat. I haven't checked the vaults but I doubt you were saying that pre-international break.

Ive been flim flamming...

I was slated for wanting him sold...then as he picked up form and played really well i thought its best to keep him unless we got a £30mil offer.

Now hes gone back to normal it makes me wonder if this is his usual level as 80-90% of games he doesnt affect the play...

I always remained consistent that he would need to perform all season at a high level but hes dropped off again

For me, hes 29 and i think a decent bid would enable us to bring in someone who could affect games.

Ive been flim flamming...

I was slated for wanting him sold...then as he picked up form and played really well i thought its best to keep him unless we got a £30mil offer.

Now hes gone back to normal it makes me wonder if this is his usual level as 80-90% of games he doesnt affect the play...

I always remained consistent that he would need to perform all season at a high level but hes dropped off again

For me, hes 29 and i think a decent bid would enable us to bring in someone who could affect games.
For once, just forget that you need to be the club's financial advisor in relation to players' valuations and resale ok?

Give me one player, literally one, who goes an entire season playing well week in, week out.

They are so few.

If you've got one, ask yourself, would they play for Everton?

Example- KdB had an unbelievable season last year. Would he played for Everton right now?

Absolutely not.

Gylfi is absolutely worth his place here. Haven't most of our goals this season been shared between him and Richarlison?

For once, just forget that you need to be the club's financial advisor in relation to players' valuations and resale ok?

Give me one player, literally one, who goes an entire season playing well week in, week out.

They are so few.

If you've got one, ask yourself, would they play for Everton?

Example- KdB had an unbelievable season last year. Would he played for Everton right now?

Absolutely not.

Gylfi is absolutely worth his place here. Haven't most of our goals this season been shared between him and Richarlison?

Hold on a second...lets look at Gylfis performances since signing...

33 games last season
18 games this season

Of those 51 games how can you suggest im being unfair to say that the majority have been below par with only a small % of top class performances?

Youve alluded to a comparison with some superstar players who also have a few off games.

The reverse is true with Sigurdsson. Since singing the majority of games have been below the level required.

Even if we just based it on stats, in the premier league last season his rating was 6.88 on whoscored.

This season it is 7.17 which is fine. Not amazing but fine...

If we look at the consistency this season over the last 8 games.

7.03 united
6.85 brighton
7.56 chelsea
7.98 cardiff
6.68 liverpool
6.26 newcastle
6.11 watford
6.1 city

Lots of views could be taken from these ratings alone...but i think theyre fair scores having watched the games...

Not the ideal numbers you want from a key player, no consistency.

Hold on a second...lets look at Gylfis performances since signing...

33 games last season
18 games this season

Of those 51 games how can you suggest im being unfair to say that the majority have been below par with only a small % of top class performances?

Youve alluded to a comparison with some superstar players who also have a few off games.

The reverse is true with Sigurdsson. Since singing the majority of games have been below the level required.

Even if we just based it on stats, in the premier league last season his rating was 6.88 on whoscored.

This season it is 7.17 which is fine. Not amazing but fine...

If we look at the consistency this season over the last 8 games.

7.03 united
6.85 brighton
7.56 chelsea
7.98 cardiff
6.68 liverpool
6.26 newcastle
6.11 watford
6.1 city

Lots of views could be taken from these ratings alone...but i think theyre fair scores having watched the games...

Not the ideal numbers you want from a key player, no consistency.

Who has a higher average rating based on whatever the source is for those rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.