Guardiola on Arteta

Status
Not open for further replies.

....I wondered if Silva had been sacked for a minute.

I always judge a new manager by his dealings in the transfer market, but I suppose that element becomes much less of an issue when you have a DoF.

It makes the appointment of a ‘coach’ much less risky. Arteta has been working with the best, so he must be an attractive proposition. Saying that, he was hammered by many of our fans after he left, so even if we were in the market for a new Manager, he might not want to come to us.
This is the whole DoF conundrum;
Method 1...'a' buys players for 'b', who says you've bought me a apple I needed an orange...'a' says, you're the coach - coach him to be an apple - as happened at Watford...allegedly

Method 2...'b' says to 'a' I need a Peter Reid type, can you get me the best one we can afford. 'a' says leave it with me, I'll get back to you with a short list...'b'...sound.

Method 3.
'a'...taxi for 'b'

In this day and age you have to be a larger than life character with a burning desire to motivate / create belief in people / and win.

Hence why Pep and Klopp are doing so well.

I would prefer Cahill over Arteta, though at this stage, neither would be ideal.

Silva appears passionless and a mumbler, which doesn't help his public image, especially when results are absolutely dreadful.

We need a manager with an idea. I'm not particularly arsed what he looks like or his personality, just someone with a plan that everyone can see and buy into.

I genuinely have no idea what Silva's idea is, someone please tell me if you know. What is our style of play? What does he have them working on during training? What players has he signed specifically to implement a style?

It's the same problem for OGS at United, what the eff is he actually trying to do because from the outside looking in it just looks as if he picks an XI and tells them to wing it. It's Sunday League management.

Status
Not open for further replies.