Guard of honour

Status
Not open for further replies.
You give them the guard of honour because that’s the respect they deserve. You don’t do it and you look like utterly small time bitter knobheads. It’s not the end of the world, nothing’s going to happen unless you live your life on social media.

They deserve bugger all “respect” from us.....and they won’t be getting any from me.

#JusticeForThe39

Last edited:
If they do this every body should stay down on the concourse until it's over. Let them do it to their own fans and none of ours.

Problem with that we would have 35,000 Blues in the Concourse at the same time then a mad scramble to get to our sests.

Recipe for disaster, that.

But.

We well know there will be thousands of Evertonians taking that view and refusing to look at such a thing so this nonsense needs knocked on the head on safety grounds alone.

In fact, I imagine Plod would be sticking his nose in and “advising“ the club not to do it.

2 things.

Can you link me to the RED ECHO story? Cos I cant find it.

And if they win the title on Derby Day we wont give them a guard of honour, we only have to give them 1 if they win it before the game and are Champions before the game.

And when I say have to give them 1, we dont, HAVE to do anything.
Looking at the fixture list, I do believe we are more at risk of facing the possibility that the RS will have the opportunity to win the league on derby night, which is of course at Goodison Park.

After the FA Cup debacle, who'd bet against it?

Let's hope City lose their upcoming games to United and Leicester, saving us the shame and embarrassment. I think I'd rather the guard of honour, which would soon be forgotten if we went on to trounce them whilst they were still wallowing in their own success.

This is ripe for a bit of Kenwright's mawkish and misplaced sense of fraternity. I've no doubt he'll be the sole advocate at the club.

Our players already soil their shorts at the sight of a red strip, so you can only imagine the effect applauding these arseholes onto the pitch will have once the match starts.

Now's as good a time as any to say goodbye to the Old Lady.
I'd sooner see her burnt to the ground than let that happen inside her. She doesn't deserve that.

I think that the club should do the GoH , otherwise we just look petty.
However there is no way on God's earth that I will ever applaud that lot. In fact I think that would be quite good if the club did the "decent" thing and the fanbase were silent.
I don't even think the fans need to be silent tbh.

The players/club have to give the GOH because we would look classless if we didn't.

But the fans don't have to applaud it. And I'd rather we didn't boo them either because that would be a bit like Farage and his Union Jacks. I'd like to hear the loudest rendition of Grand Old Team that the old lady has heard in years. Get behind the team and turn the GOH back in their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.