Gryff Rhys Jones and Mel Smith -Part of the 1986 FA CUP Final build up -EVERTON FC V LIVERPOOL FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELMSWOOD48

Player Valuation: £750k
With the FA Cup 3rd Round coming up..... Gryff Rhys Jones and Mel Smith as part of the Everton v Liverpool televised FA Cup Final 1986 pre match build up.

That brings back memories. A day of two halves for me and my dad. We were driving down the M6, full of hope and excitement that day, heading to Wembley. Then returning home, absolutely gutted, the car broke down, (of course), just south of Birmingham! Bus full of reds slowly drove by (the traffic was heavy), all laughing and pointing at us. Finally a van load of blues pulled over and offered us a hand. Got the car going and carried on home. The sick feeling of defeat was replaced by a fantastic sense of belonging to a class community of people. Everton that (in the best possible meaning)! I think of that now, more than I do the actual match.

That brings back memories. A day of two halves for me and my dad. We were driving down the M6, full of hope and excitement that day, heading to Wembley. Then returning home, absolutely gutted, the car broke down, (of course), just south of Birmingham! Bus full of reds slowly drove by (the traffic was heavy), all laughing and pointing at us. Finally a van load of blues pulled over and offered us a hand. Got the car going and carried on home. The sick feeling of defeat was replaced by a fantastic sense of belonging to a class community of people. Everton that (in the best possible meaning)! I think of that now, more than I do the actual match.
When we scored first , I thought here we go , then couldn't believe what happened in front of me . Still gives me heartache today .:rolleyes:

God what a bloody day that was. 14 of us in a minibus : 12 blues, 2 reds.
Battered them for 70 mins. Game changer was Grobelaar saving Sharp's header. Really thought was in, and that would have been that.
Still don't know how we didn't win the double that yr, yet ended with nothing.

God what a bloody day that was. 14 of us in a minibus : 12 blues, 2 reds.
Battered them for 70 mins. Game changer was Grobelaar saving Sharp's header. Really thought was in, and that would have been that.
Still don't know how we didn't win the double that yr, yet ended with nothing.

Neville getting injured on a rugby pitch in Dublin.

That is why we wound up empty handed :(

(not that Bobby Mimms did much wrong.....he just wasn't Neville)

Status
Not open for further replies.