Gross incompetence

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyblue80

Player Valuation: £70m
The board have mishandled this badly. It has been clear since the few weeks into the start of the season, that we are in deep trouble.Dispensing with Koeman was the right call. But after a lucky lucky Watford win they should have hired a manager, this failure to do so for six long weeks, along with utter incompetence in the transfer market(selling our best player without a replacement leaving three positions unfilled centre back, left back, striker whilst we bought four number tens!), rests with them and has made things much worse, it rests with Walsh, Elstone, Bill and yes Moshiri, every single one of them. Leaving a temporary inexperienced man like Unsy in charge(who has and will make mistakes) is criminal as we go into three massive six pointers this week and are deep deep in the mire, has given our gutless mostly mercenary players the perfect excuse to capitulate.There's not being good enough and then there's utter utter criminal performances and capitulations. There's not trying, there's being disorganised being totally disjointed, and individualistic. We needed the smack of firm management, to drill the team until they were sick of it and someone to sort out the obvious cliques in our squad. To scramble as many points as we can between now and January when we probably need at least three or four players(if not more).The gross incompetence and failure from the board down is coming home to roost.

Last edited:
Then failed to act when it's gone wrong. Chasing a manager whose club don't want to release him and scrambling around. Identify the man for now appoint him, pull in the same direction because by Christ we need it!NOW!!! Dyche or Sam if that's who we need. I am unsure Silva could dig us out of this hole now even if he would be an attractive long term choice if we can stay up.

By delaying our pursuit and appointment of a manager our stock has fallen further and presumably the pool of acceptable and interested managers has dwindled.
If that is not negligence I don’t know what is.

Bit of a coincidence that blowing 144 million is gross incompetence.
Everton’s-manager-Ronald-Koeman-become-first-high-profile-sacking-of-Premier-League-2017-18-season.jpg

By delaying our pursuit and appointment of a manager our stock has fallen further and presumably the pool of acceptable and interested managers has dwindled.
If that is not negligence I don’t know what is.

Would Moshiri in his corporate life accept a temporary manager I wonder?This reeks of Bill giving Unsy the nod until the foreseeable. And no clear direction between the lot of them. Sling them in the sea, if we go down it's on them all.

To be honest with you Davek, we might have fared out better this past month, if Koeman was still here.We have been way worse, under Unsy sadly.
Its certainly been no better under Unsworth. Utter rubbish thus far (equally so).
We need someone who at least thinks he can work with this mob. Someone who sees that we could be so much better next season if we can survive this season. We must be a good proposition for someone, and someone we'd be prepared to take on.

We spent all summer trying to get a forward in, never got one.because they put all there eggs in one basket and failed to get there man the team has suffered.
We have spent weeks going after a manager, who again is staying at his club, while steadily getting worse by the week. The team and results have suffered.
Bit of a pattern appearing here .

Basically we are utterly goosed.

We couldnt attract a Striker in the Summer when we were the 7th best team in the League, had European football to offer, a "big name" manager and an expectation of "taking the next step", so how the hell are we gonna attract anybody with a crap manager, no Europe and being bottom at Christmas?

Everton, Everton, Everton.

If I was Moshiri, I would be fire bombing the Boardroom, the coaching staff and the playing staff, just utterly nuking the lot and starting again.

We need to hit the reset button.

Status
Not open for further replies.