Green Shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamo Martinez

Player Valuation: £70m
Ok. I know. The number of false dawns we've seen over the last 3 decades is only comparable to the amount of genuine nightmares we've had to sweat through. And a skim through the match/Transfer/individual player threads since Silva's departure show just how far we still have to go.
However, and say it softly, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels we have finally, definitively, turned that freakin' corner.
Ok. I know. We'll probably bump into the first defender but we might pick up the rebound and get a decent cross in. It may just be the Ancelotti buzz or the 'not Silva' Buzz. Then again, it might be changes which are tangible. Like a young defender broadly described as just not good enough on this site, now broadly touted as player of the season by many on the same site.
Or the young striker who before Silva left, had also been written off, and now has 7 goals in the last 10 games.
Ok. I know. It's Everton. I'm not new to this. We could very easily drop points against Palace. It would be the most predictable thing in the world. But, I'm now looking forward to the next match again. Instead of wishing there was an international break. It's still more hope than expectation, but with a bit of luck, patience, and sheer doggedness, the manager can cultuvate these green shoots and we can all enjoy watching something exciting Bloom.

Kevin Brock is 57 ffs.

We're till in new manager bounce territory so is it genuine betterment or just the usual temporary upturn?

It's a phoney war till the end of the season being out of both cups and we may or may not emerge from the dross of this division to snaffle a euro place but it's just papering over the cracks. Monumental improvement in personnel required at this club and if it doesn't happen CA will be under pressure quicker than you can sing "just one Carletto" (to the "O Sole Mio" tune)

We're till in new manager bounce territory so is it genuine betterment or just the usual temporary upturn?

It's a phoney war till the end of the season being out of both cups and we may or may not emerge from the dross of this division to snaffle a euro place but it's just papering over the cracks. Monumental improvement in personnel required at this club and if it doesn't happen CA will be under pressure quicker than you can sing "just one Carletto" (to the "O Sole Mio" tune)
Come into my thread please.

Ok. I know. The number of false dawns we've seen over the last 3 decades is only comparable to the amount of genuine nightmares we've had to sweat through. And a skim through the match/Transfer/individual player threads since Silva's departure show just how far we still have to go.
However, and say it softly, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels we have finally, definitively, turned that freakin' corner.
Ok. I know. We'll probably bump into the first defender but we might pick up the rebound and get a decent cross in. It may just be the Ancelotti buzz or the 'not Silva' Buzz. Then again, it might be changes which are tangible. Like a young defender broadly described as just not good enough on this site, now broadly touted as player of the season by many on the same site.
Or the young striker who before Silva left, had also been written off, and now has 7 goals in the last 10 games.
Ok. I know. It's Everton. I'm not new to this. We could very easily drop points against Palace. It would be the most predictable thing in the world. But, I'm now looking forward to the next match again. Instead of wishing there was an international break. It's still more hope than expectation, but with a bit of luck, patience, and sheer doggedness, the manager can cultuvate these green shoots and we can all enjoy watching something exciting Bloom.

Kevin Brock is 57 ffs.
Hi jamo how are you doing today any interesting news from Spain.

Form table since Ancelotti arrived

Both Newcastle games and Burnley were better performances than we got in most games out of Marco's side. Even the Watford game we were pretty good despite the slow start. If Pickford makes a single save and Delph isn't a clown show we win that easily. So on the whole I'd say we look a bit better but isn't anything like a new dawn yet.

We’re still only weeks out from what I considered to be one of the worst performances in our history in the cup. Everton winning games that don’t matter after we’ve already botched our season is nothing new, we did it last two seasons as well. Of this lot drag themselves into a europa place by winning a few crunch games, win away at a top 6 ground, or god forbid beat Liverpool then I might say we’ve started to turn the corner. Two away wins in 7 games is also very promising considering we used to win about three a season. Pumping dross teams to finish 8th is nothing new for this group of players, they have to show us something different.

We’re still only weeks out from what I considered to be one of the worst performances in our history in the cup. Everton winning games that don’t matter after we’ve already botched our season is nothing new, we did it last two seasons as well. Of this lot drag themselves into a europa place by winning a few crunch games, win away at a top 6 ground, or god forbid beat Liverpool then I might say we’ve started to turn the corner. Two away wins in 7 games is also very promising considering we used to win about three a season. Pumping dross teams to finish 8th is nothing new for this group of players, they have to show us something different.
Pretty fair write up.

Status
Not open for further replies.