Grassroots football

Status
Not open for further replies.

moyes cardy

Player Valuation: £6m
Evening all - any views on when we think some resemblance of grassroots will return, youngest Under 11 been told from the county side may be able to start 1/4 small sided training in June - anyone else heard this?

Going to start in queensland soon - but with stupid rules
Parents have to watch from their cars, no standing, even socially distanced, near pitch. BOL sorry, RUBBISH !

Grandparents banned...so in my case, one kid out of two doesn't get taken to her game

Not sure to be fair, although I know our League are wanting league affiliation fees already ( outrageous seeing as we had a season cancelled not long ago and now are being asked to pay for the new season Already which has no future start date with the worlds crisis at the moment.

Going to start in queensland soon - but with stupid rules
Parents have to watch from their cars, no standing, even socially distanced, near pitch. BOL sorry, RUBBISH !

Grandparents banned...so in my case, one kid out of two doesn't get taken to her game
Parents should be nowhere near the sidelines for junior games, absolute pests.

...that’s too much of a generalisation. One of my life’s great pleasures was watching my son play footy through to his twenties. I would find a space on my own, say nothing and watch. Whilst wanting him to do well, it didn’t really matter because I knew the values that would be gained from being involved.

’Some’ parents are pests but most are fine.

Some of the worst behaved teams and parents have been scouse team we have played...really really bad.

the mancs are close too.

anyway, cant wait for it to get started again.

One size doesnt fit all - see below.
...that’s too much of a generalisation. One of my life’s great pleasures was watching my son play footy through to his twenties. I would find a space on my own, say nothing and watch. Whilst wanting him to do well, it didn’t really matter because I knew the values that would be gained from being involved.

’Some’ parents are pests but most are fine.
This.

That applies in some cases but in loads of cases parents get a great deal out of watching their sons and daughters playing on Saturday and Sunday mornings, without spoiling the attention of other spectators, I’d also wager that grand parents, like Degsy above get massive enjoyment in taking and watching their grand children playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.