Homepage Article Gradually Then Suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Article, worth the read.

I do wonder, if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. MSP long term hopefully can secure the future but in this very short term period of needing to consolidate a very poorly performing team to stay in the top flight, are MSP gonna be able to do that with the constraints we have, including the "people" at the club in that scenario too?

Up to now its has been a slow trickle of decline with acceleration points throughout but it seems now the throttle is jammed on.

I fear for us, I really do.

In summary, it would be nice if everyone did their jobs properly……

Excellent summary that.

At the risk of being called a pedantic nob, Hemingway’s novel is “The Sun Also Rises”.

Good read thanks - 3 words indeed.

All clubs are likely to go through periods of decline - it's about whether you manage to get the right people in to arrest that decline and correct it.

Ferguson at Utd, Wenger at Arsenal, Abramovich & Mourinho at Chelsea etc. etc.

Kenwright may have helped stop the ship sinking at some point decades ago but Moyes was the peak of his vision - plucky Everton.

A nicely written article, with a theme it’s hard to dispute. The “ Gradual then suddenly” , although fittingly applied to the club as a whole, is very applicable to the Academy and the youngsters mentioned. On the face of it , Small leaving for a bigger deal and a supposed “ better pathway”, Lawrence leaving to return to the club he came from and which his parents support, could be thought of as not the Club’s fault. Arguably though the Gradual decline of our Academy’s ability to keep promising youngsters was under way.

More worryingly, two weeks ago there was no indication that Samuel-Smith wasn’t going to sign a pro deal , usually someone picks up these rumours. Suddenly we were opening the doors to interested teams who’d pay the asking price. The vast majority of Evertonians won’t have heard of or seen Samuels-Smith, so £4 mill will be seen as a good deal rather than the change from Gradual to Suddenly it appears to herald for our Academy and young players.

Nice one mate 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.